L'Ecole Pastry School Intern VALRHONA, INC.
- Date Posted June 25, 2021
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Education
- Job type Part-Time
Valrhona has been producing the world’s finest chocolate in the small village of Tain L’Hermitage, France since 1922. For almost a century, Valrhona has created a range of unique and recognizable aromatic profiles by perfecting techniques for enhancing the flavor of rare cocoa beans, grown on land masterfully selected for its terroir. Today, leading Pastry Chefs and discerning gourmets rely on Valrhona’s expertise to experience the best that chocolate can be.
Valrhona’s internationally-renowned expertise is inextricably linked to its pastry and chocolate school: L’École Valrhona, created in 1989. For over 25 years, L’École Valrhona has been helping our customers learn specific technical skills in the field of pastry and bonbons. L’Ecole Valrhona has 4 pastry and chocolate schools across the globe in Paris, Tain l’Hermitage, France, Tokyo, and Brooklyn, NY.
In 2020 Valrhona became a certified B Corporation. Valrhona joined B Corp with the aim of moving towards a fairer and more sustainable model. We take a stand on societal and environmental issues such as the fight against global warming and the reduction of our carbon footprint.
Part of a fast growing subsidiary of Valrhona, the intern will help the l’École Coordinator prepare the l’Ecole Valrhona Brooklyn pastry classes, and assist the Senior Communication Manager to develop and optimize the Social Media communication. The missions will be related to the following topics (are subject to change and are not limited to):
- Handle l’École class registrations, logistics (booking meals, material set up, vendor booking) and after class follow up
- Come up with suggestions and ideas to improve our Social Media usage and reach. Implement those once approved.
- Help prepare, promote and organize events or projects for Sales and media purpose (such as the Fancy Food Show, Valrhona Hot Chocolate Festival or our 2021 Charity Project)
- Help coordinate brand trips
Valrhona is looking for an independent, multitasking and fast learning intern. A prior experience in communication and event organization is preferred. An excellent level in English and knowledge of is required. The intern will need to possess interpersonal skills, have good project management as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills.Compensation this position is : hourly