Field Manager Flocktown Farm +2 more
- Date Posted October 04, 2021
- Location 552 Pittstown Road, NJ
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
Flocktown Farm is an organic fruit and vegetable farm located in Pittstown, NJ -- an hour from NYC and Philadelphia. We grow exclusively for CSA members and plant 80 acres of our 175 acre farm. We are seeking hardworking farmers to join our young and energetic team and become part of our rapidly growing business. Learn more about us by visiting our website and watch a short video about who we are at https://www.flocktownfarm.com/who-we-areJob description
This position can begin in 2021 or 2022: The Field Manager works directly under the Farm Manager on the production-side of our operation, raising fruits and vegetables for our harvest crew. The Field Manager is engaged in all aspects of vegetable production both individually and as the leader of a team. Regular tasks include transplanting, direct seeding, cultivation, field prep (tilling, fertilizing, bed shaping, laying and removing plastic mulch), row cover management, irrigation and cover crop management. The Field Manager's primary qualification is good vegetable production skills and strong tractor/implement experience. During the season, the majority of the Field Manager’s time may be spent on a tractor.
- At least 3 seasons in a management role on an outdoor vegetable farm (CSA farm experience preferred).
- Solid understanding of organic vegetable production methods
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to operate tractors and use broad range of tractor implements safely and efficiently (chisel plow, disc harrow, water wheel transplanter, bed shaper, rototiller, plastic layer, etc.)
- Ability to efficiently manage and motivate up to 10 people during transplanting, weeding, and row cover operations.