- Date Posted August 18, 2021
- Location Washington, DC
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
- Creative and agile communicator with experience in social media management, website management, and visual and written content creation and design.
- Proven track record connecting with stakeholders and high comfort level with storytelling.
- Have a passion for farmers markets, food access, and regional agriculture.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
This role works closely with the Director and Deputy Director of Communications to execute marketing and promotion efforts, draft newsletters and blog posts, manage social media and website content, and build partnerships with our farmer's market communities.
Social Media Content Creation & Management (20% of total work time)
- Leverage the FRESHFARM social media channels —through content creation & coordinating with program managers—to tell stories and share the impact of our programs, and fundraising campaigns and ensure that messaging is mission- and brand-aligned.
Newsletters (20% of total work time)
- Write weekly Market Basket Newsletter that goes out to 18,0000 subscribers with news about what’s in season and program activities; coordinate updates from vendors and the program teams.
Design (20% of total work time)
- Work with the Communications Team to design print and digital collateral for all FRESHFARM departments, using Indesign templates, Canva, and creating new designs from scratch.
- Manage the process of placing print orders and ensuring materials are distributed to the appropriate program teams in a timely fashion.
Farmers Market Promotion & Communications (20% of total work time)
- Support market managers in developing outreach and promotion activities such as markets-wide promotional incentives and loyalty programs and creating outreach collateral.
- Communicate regularly with our network of 200+ farmers and producers to support their marketing efforts, promote their products, and tell their stories effectively.
Website Content and Digital Advertising (20% of total work time)
- Update and maintain content on the FRESHFARM website (powered by WordPress).
- Manage FRESHFARM’s Google Ads and Facebook ads.
- Track and monitor engagement via digital outlets.
- Work with a collaborative, diverse, and welcoming team.
- Gain real-world food system experience and daily exposure to all aspects of our regional food chain.
- Access to an abundance of peak season local foods.
- Excellent writing, editing, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator and/or some photography skills are preferred.
- Comfort with occasional public speaking is a plus.
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position. This employee will be expected to work Monday - Friday during normal business hours. The FRESHFARM Office is located at 655 New York Ave NW. Our offices are currently operating remotely, except for essential business.
- This role will require some weekend hours to monitor social media accounts and visit weekend markets to develop content. Weekday hours may be adjusted to compensate.
- Access to a personal smartphone is required; company will provide access to laptop & cameras.
- This role is compensated with an annual salary of $48,000-$52,000.
- All full-time employees receive 72 hours annual sick leave, 11 annual paid holidays, and 3 floating holidays, and 8 weeks of paid parental leave. Full-time employees are also eligible for 80 hours of annual vacation leave pursuant to the FRESHFARM handbook
- Eligible to enroll in 100% employer-covered healthcare as well as generous employer coverage for vision and dental, in accordance with company policy.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
FRESHFARM is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive workplace for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented groups to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities. We do not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to prevent discrimination against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, disability, or veteran status. Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $48,000.00 - $52,000.00 Application instructions