Construction Manager Homefront Farmers
- Date Posted September 28, 2021
- Location Redding, CT
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
Homefront Farmers is a family-owned business, founded in 2011. Our core business focuses on helping bring all the benefits of an edible organic garden to people’s lives. We design, build and maintain custom at-home gardens with the goal of helping people produce their own food organically. We design beautiful, functional raised bed gardens that are built to last, season after season, and provide our clients with all the guidance and help they need to maintain it all season long. We also offer our clients other homesteading services, including beekeeping, maple syrup services, fruit trees, and more.
Homefront Farmers has a staff of 15 organic gardening professionals (Homestead Managers) who are passionate about what we do for our 200+ clients and consider it a labor of love to serve our clients and provide them with the joy of growing! We are based on a beautiful 11-acre farm in Redding Connecticut. This farm features the post-beam farm-house (that was raised and built by the family and crew), all our growing spaces including multi-acre fields, our 96-foot greenhouse, maple sugar shack, mushroom fruiting room, chickens, full woodshop and Diana, the resident cat.Job description
The Construction Manager is responsible for all construction-related client facing activities, whether the work is done by subcontractors or by the Construction Manager and/or his/her crew. This is an outward-facing role: the majority of his or her work will be to serve our garden clients and not the home-base farm facilities. This position will be responsible for hitting revenue targets and managing costs of subcontractors, part-time workers and materials (soil, gravel, etc.)
The primary focus of the job will shift over the course of the year, but regardless, the manager will be required to multi-task and juggle a variety of competing responsibilities at any one time. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate work by all subcontractors for new garden construction;
- Manage construction of trellises;
- Do all repairs for existing clients;
- Build small structures for sale to clients: tomato enclosures, berry enclosures, compost bins, cold frames, etc.;
- Subcontract or hire part-time help as necessary to satisfy demand; manage these resources efficiently and profitably.
What else should I know?
- The Construction Manager reports to the Director of Client Operations;
- Close coordination will be required between this position and the Construction Sales Manager, Client Service Managers and HMs to ensure seamless roll-out of products and services to our clients; communication with these co-workers requires immediate and thorough responses;
- Homefront Farmers has a fully equipped woodshop;
- This is a full-time job;
- Homefront Farmers offers optional group health insurance for full-time employees;
- Your own vehicle is required to travel to and from work at the farm – you will have use of company truck as needed for client construction work.
Successful applicants must be/have:
- Strong (basic, not finish) carpentry skills;
- Competence and skills using all carpentry tools and machines;
- Mature, level-headed, independent thinker and problem-solver;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience managing a small crew of workers is a plus;
- Experience managing a basic budget/P&L;
- Commitment to and ability to model Homefront Farmers’ Core Values is a must.
Homefront Farmers is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Homefront Farmers makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Fire in the Belly
HFF staff are highly self-motivated, hard-working, reliable, and focused on quality at all levels of the job. We are independent self-starters who don't want to just satisfy clients, but to delight them and bring them joy. We strive for excellence in all that we do.
Save the Planet
We believe above all else, that everyone has the ability to contribute to the health of the planet. We are experts in sustainable horticulture, and we are committed to bringing that knowledge to everyone we meet. Our passion for environmental stewardship is unyielding!
Positive Team Player
We are good, kind, authentic people, united by a love of nature and healthy living, a positive attitude, and a disdain for pretentiousness and drama. We always assume good intent and we thrive in an even-keeled work environment where honesty, integrity and teamwork carry the day.
Homefront Farmers brings joy to people by helping them experience the magic of homesteading. Our contagious enthusiasm drives our efforts to educate clients and cater our services to their particular homesteading needs. We won't rest until each and every client experiences awe at the grasping tendrils of a snap pea and deep gratitude for a bountiful harvest.
We love trying new things, from a new variety of tomato to growing gourmet or medicinal mushrooms. We see our business as an adventure and believe in the power of creativity, invention, and a can-do attitude to change the world.
Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $35,700.00 - $50,000.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineNovember 01, 2021