SMGR of Marketing & Communications Apricot Lane Farms
- Date Posted November 12, 2021
- Location Moorpark, CA
- Category Agriculture / Media
- Job type Full-Time
Apricot Lane Farms is a 214-acre organic and biodynamic farm located 40 miles north of Los Angeles and 20 miles east of Ventura in Moorpark, CA. We are looking for an experienced and savvy marketing & PR professional to help lead our Marketing & Communications Team full time. The Sr. Manager of Marketing & Communications will be responsible for developing and owning the overall creative direction & strategy of all marketing & external communications of the farm to grow the farm’s brand and propel the ALF story into the world in a meaningful way. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned marketing/PR professional, proven leader, big thinker, extremely media savvy, have exceptional writing, editing, and presentation skills, and be able to effectively manage a team. Applicants with entertainment-based media relations experience is a plus.
- Social Media & Marketing: Help develop strategy, and steer & guide creative for all outward facing communications in the farm’s voice and aesthetics that reflects a deep understanding of agroecology, regenerative farming, nourished cooking, and the ALF brand –including writing, upholding the branding & aesthetics of marketing campaigns, website, social media, eblasts, newsletters, tour & event offerings, and any other outward facing communications.
- Social Media: Lead and oversee overall social media strategy across all channels (with the support of a strong social media manager), drive goal setting, analytics, and reporting, providing creative direction, calendar and planning guidance, and content editing & writing as needed
- Website: Manage the overall vision and content strategy of the farms’ website, including working with Communications Manager to track/review metrics, write/update text and provide direction and guidance on overall aesthetics, messaging.
- E-Marketing: Manage internal and external email communications, including content generation, writing, editing and design
- Marketing Materials: Oversee the direction, messaging and strategy of all print & digital marketing and press materials (including press kits, one-sheets, etc.)
- Events: Collaborate with internal team to help facilitate and market on-farm events and tour
- Media Relations – Manage farm media relations and partnership opportunities, including evaluating actionable opportunities, developing recommendations for ideal placements/opportunities and pitching stories as appropriate. Measure and track exposure and analytics.
- Product Branding & Merchandise – Create and manage strategy for new product launches (from conception to initial launch, including both food-based products and farm merchandise), ongoing product marketing, and merchandise design and development in collaboration with Sales Director and Fulfillment Coordinator.
- Management & Admin - Manage with leadership, clarity and cohesiveness, a team of at least three members, including Marketing & Communications Manager, Photographer & Digital Media Coordinator, and Marketing & Communications Assistant. Plus manage dept cost reporting, and assist where needed with company internal communication.
- Special Projects - Project manage any special projects, as directed by farm leadership.
Education and Experience
- BA in communications, journalism, media studies, English, , or related field preferred
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in the field of media/marketing/branding, creative writing/journalism, and/or environmental communications
- Applicants with entertainment-based media relations experience, vetting and overseeing press inquiries and interactions a plus.
- Prior management experience and proven ability to lead a team or department
- Ability to manage department budgets, profitability goals for projects and products
- Mature, refined instincts for what makes a good story, and how to communicate that effectively to our audience
- Exceptional writing, editing, and presentation skills, and proven experience leading out-of-the-box creative campaigns
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work; strong time management and organizational skills
- Able to take direction, as well as work independently
- Flexible, able to navigate complexity and ambiguity, and creatively problem solve and manage multiple priorities
- Team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google Suites. Proficiency in WordPress, Adobe In-Design and/or Photoshop is ideal.
- Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm (some days 6:30a–3:00p to work with agricultural team schedules)
- Excellent Health Benefits Package, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Vacation Leave, Flexible Spending Account, 401K, 401K Matching, Employee Discount and Paid Holidays
Compensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 Application instructions