Delivery Driver Square Roots
- Date Posted January 19, 2022
- Location Detroit, MI
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
About Square Roots
Square Roots is the technology leader in indoor farming. We create meaningful jobs in modern farming, empowering a new generation of leaders in agriculture. With production farms in Brooklyn, NY, Kenosha, WI, and Grand Rapids, MI (with more to come in 2022!), Square Roots is on a mission to responsibly bring our locally grown food to people in cities around the world, all year round.
The way we operate our business and operate our farms is better for local communities. Everyone on the Square Roots team—from farmers to engineers, commercial experts to operations specialists—is supported, connected, and empowered to do their best work to help Square Roots achieve its goals as a company.
About the Role
This job begins mornings at the GFS distribution center in Brighton, MI. You will be responsible for the deliveries in South East Michigan and adjacent states in a Square Roots cargo van. You will be responsible for loading the van according to the day’s manifest and subsequently unloading the assigned product at each stop. You are the face of Square Roots and in many cases, the only in-person interaction our retail partners will have, so a willingness to learn and communicate about our product and our mission is a must. You will report to the General Manager.
- Safely and efficiently transport produce from our farm in Grand Rapids along the day’s assigned route.
- Collect signed invoices from each stop as proof of receipt.
- Communicate any pertinent issues along the route to the General Manager.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, food-safe environment in the vehicle at all times.
- Available to participate in Zoom meetings with the Logistics Team.
You have experience with:
- Working long hours within state labor guidelines.
- Driving vehicles 16’ or longer a plus.
- Perishable food handling and delivery.
- Familiarity with Detroit area a plus.
- A safe driver with a clean driving record and valid driver’s license; we will be required to check your driving record
- A proactive communicator who is comfortable using a smartphone/tablet and using apps to keep your manager and team informed
- An early riser - this job will start before dawn
- Adaptable to changing routes
- Comfortable with both highway and city driving
- Able to communicate with customers about our products and services
- Serious about COVID-19 safety and comfortable wearing a mask while on the job
- Spanish-speaking a plus.
You'll love working at Square Roots because:
- We're here to change the food system. You'll have the opportunity to play a significant role in our work at the intersection of technology, farming, and the global food industry - and we're only just getting started.
- Our team is driven by a shared set of values. These keep us aligned and remind us how to show up every day in the face of growth and ambiguity. Whether you’re in the office or on the farms, collaboration, respect, optimism and humility are all embraced, and we seek to empower people at every step. Ask us about the rest!
- Benefits and perks, of course. We're all here first and foremost to play our part in the mission, but paid time off, a fun work culture, and lots of samples of the delicious food we grow certainly do not hurt. :)
Effective October 18, 2021, new employees are required to be fully vaccinated prior to their start date. Fully vaccinated at this time is defined as 2 shots of MRNA vaccine + 2 weeks out, or 1 shot of J&J vaccine and 2 weeks out. As federal guidance on booster shots evolves, the definition of ‘fully vaccinated’ may change. Proof of vaccination is required during the hiring process.
In accordance with EEOC guidance, if you are not vaccinated or do not intend to be due to medical reasons or deeply held religious beliefs, you may make an accommodation request and Square Roots will make a reasonable effort to accommodate you, subject to the requirements of the role you are applying for.
Failure to be fully vaccinated by start date without a documented accommodation will result in offer rescindment or termination.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions