General Manager Pig & Khao Hospitality
- Date Posted January 08, 2022
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Chef Leah Cohen's flagship restaurant, Pig and Khao, serves refined Southeast Asian cuisine. Since opening in 2012, Pig and Khao has been awarded 2 stars by the New York Times and named Best Asian Restaurant NYC for 2016 by Zagat. Job description
The Piggyback General Manager is responsible for leading the daily operations of the restaurant. They ensure the team member experience, guest experience and financial health of the business are in line with the standards, vision and goals of Pig and Khao Hospitality Group (PKHG), and that their restaurant and its team embodies the PKHG values.
Responsibilities includes (but are not limited to):
- Work with the Director of Operations and ownership to develop and execute strategies to achieve operational goals at the restaurant level.
- Serve as the ambassador of PKHG to their team, the community.
- Submit weekly schedules that deliver a great PKHG experience while remaining fiscally responsible to budgeted targets.
- Forecast and monitor weekly sales and labor numbers and adjust in the moment to ensure hospitality and financial targets are achieved.
- Lead daily and weekly walk through’s to ensure facilities are up to our standard.
- Ensure that HR practices are consistent with PKHG’s values and compliant with all local, state and federal laws.
- Lead a best-in-class approach to cleanliness, safety, sanitation, and food safety.
- Exhibit a mastery of all PKHG operational systems. Including the ability to train and delegate to direct reports.
- Leads the delivery of great food, great service and the PKHG experience to all guests.
- Maintaining a positive, work environment via effective, professional communication with other employees and managers
- Friendly, outgoing, energetic team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to think quickly and multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Ability to delegate to hourly staff members and organize teams appropriately
- Flexible availability including nights and weekends and holidays
- Culinary certificate or degree a plus
- General food and wine knowledge (experience with Southeast Asian cuisine is not a requirement)
- Excellent service knowledge and standards
- Must be able to stand for up to 12 hours and lift up to 40 pounds
- 3 years in a senior leadership level overseeing a full-service restaurant.
- Proven Track record overseeing $5 million+ in revenue.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Well versed in restaurant industry specific labor laws.
- Proficient in a variety of technology systems, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Payroll, POS, and COGS Systems.
- Strong communication and organizational skills are essential, as well as the ability to effectively train, coach, evaluate, and discipline employees.
This is a fulltime, salaried position. While availability on nights, weekends and holidays is a requirement, our team works with/around each other to ensure that everyone has a balanced schedule. PKHG offers comprehensive benefits including PTO, health insurance and commuter benefits.Compensation this position is : salaried, 75k-100k Application instructions