Pastry Baker Jane the Bakery
- Date Posted January 09, 2022
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
We are looking for a Pastry Baker to prepare a variety of baked goods. Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in baking skills with familiarity in following formulas. They must adhere to health and safety standards to provide clients with the best possible products. Our team is collaborative and product development is encouraged.
We work a four day work week with 10 hour workdays. Good news is that you get a 3 day weekend every week and all hours over 8 per day are OT.
- Prepare a wide variety of batters and doughs and bake and finish items according to our standards
- Follow formulas for all baked items
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Maintain a clean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker or relevant role
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Willingness to learn and grow as a baker
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Ability to work on your feet for the duration of your shift
- Ability to work as a team with your fellow bakers.