Assistant Miller Stone House Farm
- Date Posted March 14, 2022
- Location Hudson, NY
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
The Assistant Miller will report to the Lead Miller and will work closely with the Sales & Office Coordinator to ensure that customer orders are produced and fulfilled on time and accurately.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Moving grain:
- Monitor grain levels in bulk ingredient hopper bins and refill as necessary.
- Unload bulk trucks when receiving grain
- Assist with receiving minerals and storing in hoppers and totes
- Keep area around bins clean and tidy
- Feed Order Fulfillment
- Support lead miller in making feed and bagging
- Stack bags on pallet and wrap to complete order fulfillment
- Deliver fulfilled orders to feed warehouse and load customers / freight trucks
- Staff the feed store on Saturdays
- Mow lawns around farm on a weekly basis during summer months, maintain garden areas as seasonally appropriate
- Assist in snow removal during the winter
- Help keep farm facilities clean and orderly
- Must be able to lift 50lb feed bags on a regular basis.
- Must be able to, or learn to, operate a fork-lift, skid-steer, and light-duty tractors.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of experience handling grain on a farm is preferred
- A willingness to learn how to run a bagging machine, and to help fulfill customer orders with an attentional to detail are essential
- Comfortable operating tractors to run grain augurs
- Organized, methodical, and diligent
- Curious, eager to learn, a hard worker, reliable and on-time
- A strong passion for farming and serving a local community of farmers
Work Schedule and Compensation:
- This is ideally a full-time position, but we are open to considering a part-time arrangement
- The position requires a work schedule from Tuesday – Saturday, 4-8 hours per day.
- Compensation starting at $20/hour. If full-time, benefits include medical, dental and life insurance, paid vacation and sick days.
Stone House Grain believes in fostering diversity, equality, and inclusion. We encourage applicants of all races, ethnicities, national origins, genders, and sexual orientations to apply.Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions