Orchard Farmhand The Cloverleaf Farm LLC
- Date Posted April 22, 2022
- Location Davis, CA
- Category Agriculture / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
The Cloverleaf Farm is an 8 acre Certified Organic orchard and farm outside of Davis, California that specializes in peaches, nectarines, apricots, figs, and plums. We follow regenerative principles including no-till, rotational grazing, native pollinator and predator habitat restoration, and cover-cropping. We are certified USDA organic by Yolo County. We are committed to local agriculture and developing opportunities for new farmers. We love fruit and we hope you love ours!Job description
The Cloverleaf is looking for bright, enthusiastic and reliable people to join our team starting asap and through the summer harvest season.
Successful candidates will have an interest in organic farming, enjoy working outside, be committed to efficiency and improvement in their work, and participating on a team. Candidates must be in good physical condition for climbing ladders, lifting up to 50 lbs repeatedly, and prepared to work in hot summer temperatures.
Relevant experience: might include working in a fast-paced environment such as agriculture, kitchen work, or construction.
Each week we harvest, sort, and pack fruit for our CSA boxes, wholesale accounts, and Sunday Farmer’s Market stand.
New members of our team will be an integral part of our farm operation and will be key players in the following:
- Weekly harvests and sorting for our 125+ member CSA (Community Supported Agriculture, farm box), Farmer’s market, and wholesale accounts.
- 1-2 kitchen days (Tuesdays) per month to help produce fruit leather and jam
- Sacramento Farmer’s market 1-2 Sundays per month to sell at the (6:30 am- 3pm approximately. Paid $80 per market)
- Participate in U-Pick days (These will be2-3 Saturdays over the summer depending on the amount of fruit available)
- Deliveries to wholesale customers and CSA pickup sites.
- Other Weekly fieldwork, including, but not limited to: transplanting, trellising, mowing, weed control, pest management, irrigation and plant care.
Our farm operates with a very lean, efficient crew so a successful applicant will:
- Be organized, reliable, honest and conscientious!
- Be safety minded especially for lifting, ladders and other farm equipment. Look out for yourself and your team-mates.
- Have a keen awareness of efficiency in their work, i.e. know how to hustle & be good at working under time pressure. striving to achieve quality, consistency and speed in their work.
- Have a positive attitude, even when the going gets tough. Maintain a good outlook under occasionally uncomfortable working conditions and long hours, and enjoy working outside in heat and dust. A sense of humor helps!
- Show creative problem solving skills
- Have a history of doing physical work/manual labor, ideally with experience on a farm. Be in strong physical condition and able to repeatedly squat, bend, lift and carry 40-50 pounds.
- Communicate effectively and be open to receive constructive feedback on the job and make changes to work habits accordingly.
Hours: Average 30-40 hours/week, 4-5 days/week.
Compensation: Starting wage $15.
Start Date: Mid-May 2022 or until positions are filled
Must have: a clean driver’s license and be capable of handling physically demanding workCompensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions