Food and Garden Intern Cowhorn Vineyard & Garden
- Date Posted April 24, 2022
- Location Jacksonville, OR
- Category Agriculture / Culinary
- Job type Summer Job
Cowhorn Vineyard & Garden has an exciting, multi-dimensional opportunity for the right individual. This seasonal position will be involved in the culinary garden, food production, and vineyard. Our winery is a Demeter Certified Biodynamic winery and vineyard. This is a unique and special designation. In addition to grapes, the winery has 3 acres of asparagus and this year a new culinary garden. By design this is a very hands on position as are all the positions at the vineyard and garden. The team is small and works very closely together in a team atmosphere.
- Weekly work in our new culinary garden including but not limited to daily management, harvest, processing and storage of produce
- Weekly work alongside the culinary team in the daily production of food for guests and visitors of Cowhorn.
- Participation in vineyard and winery tasks including harvest and maintenance.
This individual will work directly with Cowhorn’s Owner Mini Banks, as well as the Director of Food and Garden, tasting room staff and winemaking staff. Our intern will get to experience a very unique culinary and farming position that integrates the various aspects of our farming and hospitality program.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
A strong interest in food (specifically farm to table oriented cuisine), gardening, and wine. Past cooking or farming experience is preferred but not required.Compensation this position is : salaried, $15-20/hr