Community Health Worker Comfort Food Community
- Date Posted May 05, 2022
- Location Greenwich, NY
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
The Community Health Worker will work closely with the Community Health Coordinator to facilitate emergency and crisis response, resource navigation, and health and nutrition programming. The Community Health Worker will work closely with Food Center Manager and volunteers to prepare, facilitate, and account for Comfort Food Community’s pantry services as needed.
Community Health Worker
- Assist pantry guests and public in navigating social determinant of health needs, maintain comprehensive information for all relevant assistance programs (SNAP, WIC, etc.), connect target population with community and health resources, and support public in setting and reaching goals for improved well being;
- Develop and facilitate nutrition oriented educational programming;
- Support and advance programs, initiatives, and values that create a “culture of health” in all areas of the organization and broader community.
- Assist in coordination of weekly food distributions and related activities required for successful operations;
- Document, disseminate, and implement policy and procedures that govern operations in the pantry.
- Collect and organize all pertinent information needed for reporting to Regional Food Bank;
- Provide volunteer coordination to assist in pantry operations; volunteer intake, screening, orientation, schedules, activities and supervision;
- Organize home deliveries and emergency responses, as needed.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational skills and leadership qualities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and healthy general physical stamina
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Driver’s License and driving record in good standing
- Experience or training or coursework in social services delivery, OR:
- Experience, training or certification in nutrition related fields, i.e. Certificate of Health Coaching, Nutritional Therapy, etc.