Assistant to Dave Arnold, Founder Booker and Dax
- Date Posted July 01, 2022
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary / Design
- Job type Full-Time
Booker and Dax – Personal Assistant to Founder and Marketing/Customer Engagement Specialist
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Founder of Booker and Dax to ensure the organized and efficient flow of information through both internal and external partners. In addition, this position spearheads and executes customer service and social media for Booker and Dax.
Assistant to the Founder
- Serve as the primary office contact on behalf of the Founder. As the main conduit of information to and from our Founder, it is your job to make sure that all parties have necessary information and clear objectives in order to execute day to day operations.
- Coordinate and prioritize a wide range of information and materials for the Founder. Conserve his time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence, collecting and analyzing information, and initiating telecommunications and e-mails.
- Provide the overall coordination, data gathering, analysis, and preparation of various reports and documents for the Founder for strategic planning and execution.
- Prioritize meeting requests to compile and maintain Founder's calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, e-conferences, and travel
- Provide administrative support for a wide range of daily activities including meeting logistics, team communications, and design specs, etc.
- Coordinate and book travel arrangements.
- Other related assignments as necessary
Customer Engagement/Service and Social Media
- Act as in-house customer service representative for the Booker and Dax product line, include the Spinzall and Searzall.
- Work closely with the founder to answer any and all questions that customers may have about the products.
- Diagnose, resolve, and confirm resolution of each reported product malfunction or technical question received from customers to determine solutions and repair strategy; consult with customers concerning effective application and management of company products.
- Record and handle customer complaints or inquiries and serve as main point of contact shipping and operations as related to customer service.
- Create, maintain, and grow new and existing social networks, including Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook
- Provide leadership and creative thinking to create new social media assets
- Analyze data and research best ways to increase social media traffic
- Develop internal organizational processes and cultivate relationships to effectively leverage social media leads, conversions, and online reviews.
- Communicate in a professional manner and become the social media subject matter expert; directly aligned with Booker and Dax's brand voice and our content platforms.
Cooking and/or engineering experience preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. 1 - 3 years of experience working in a similar field
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be passionate about modern cooking, engineering, cocktail techniques, and solving cooking issues
- Ability to quickly adapt in a fast moving and hands-on atmosphere
- Ability to apply independent judgment in a multi-task environment, schedule and prioritize work
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion when providing direct phone, email, web support and technical assistance to customers
- Ability to project manage and keep those around you on task/schedule
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Must be somewhat proficient in CAD, and extremely proficient in Excel.
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information and displays high standards of honesty and integrity
- Must be willing to work both at home as well as in a variety of settings including professional kitchens, cocktail bars, and design labs
- Ability to create content including photography and short video for social media