CO-LEAD CHEF Harvest & Revel +1 more
- Date Posted September 05, 2022
- Location Long Island City, NY
- Category Culinary / Design
- Job type Part-Time
Harvest & Revel is a full-service event catering company providing both food and event coordination for our clients. Our food is both elevated and approachable, indulgent and health-conscious. And with every detail - we curate creative culinary experiences to help facilitate refreshingly positive, artful, and satisfying events for all occasions. We make many of our own breads, syrups, pickles, jams, dressings, and sauces. And when we don't, we source from the artisanal producers that we believe are the most talented and ethical of New York.
We consciously step away from our culture's industrialized agriculture, over-processing, and fast food- and instead, work with organic and "slow" ingredients from local farms whenever possible. Creating and serving food that is ethical as well as delicious is at the core of our company.
We are a woman-owned, black-owned, queer-owned, collaboratively-run company working out of a shared commercial kitchen space in Long Island City and providing catering for events mainly in Brooklyn and Manhattan.
We work together as a team, inviting our staff to give feedback on our leadership, communication systems, and anything else they have ideas about improving.
We look forward to meeting you!
We are looking for dynamic, communicative, outgoing Chefs to join our team in October 2022 who have ordering and sourcing experience, inventory management experience, and experience creating elevated and creative menus and who want to work with our team of co lead and prep chefs to make beautiful food for our client's celebrations.
The new Chef Leads will be trained extensively by one of our current Chef Leads (who is moving out of NYC) and will work directly with theOperations Manager and kitchen prep chefs primarily doing food preparation in the commercial kitchen; ingredient sourcing + ordering; load out for events; compiling, recording, and testing recipes; as well as formalizing and maintaining our inventory system and kitchen operations. They will also work as BOH lead for catering events they are leading.
Remote/admin/non lead prep rate - $22/hr
Lead prep rate - $27/hour
Event lead rates start - $35/hour
- Creating elevated and creative menus for client celebrations.
- Ordering food ingredients and sourcing/building relationships with new purveyors based on Harvest's current standards.
- Assisting with kitchen load out and food transfer from truck to dolly to the client's venue. Must be able to lift 15+lbs frequently in the kitchen and at events.
- Booking prep team + commercial kitchen rental time at our shared kitchen space.
- Leading inventory management of packaging materials, perishable food items, and dry storage items at the commercial kitchen space.
- Contributing to the growth of developing the company and expanding its offerings- the sky is the limit!
- Are interested in a mix of remote (computer) work + hands-on cooking/kitchen prep work.
- Have experience as a line/prep cook and/or knowledge of advanced cooking techniques, common ingredients, and strong knife skills.
- Have the ability to process food ingredients at a quick pace.
- Demonstrate a passion for culinary creativity, health & wellness, food justice organizing, and participating in the building of local good food community and infrastructure.
- Are detail-oriented, with impeccable organizational skills.
- Are a fast learner and a clear communicator.
- Are flexible and comfortable working in nontraditional contexts, with quick and calm responses to challenges as they arise.
- Would never imagine being late.
- Have a flexible schedule and don't mind evening, early morning, or weekend work.
Food handlers is strongly preferred, not required. The role would begin training in September 2022 and take over events fully October 2022.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline