Organic Farm Apprentice Oxford College of Emory University +1 more
- Date Posted September 23, 2022
- Location Oxford, GA
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Located 36 miles east of Atlanta on Emory's historic original campus, Oxford College of Emory University invites applications for an Organic Farm Apprentice. 10-month position.
- Reporting to the Oxford College Organic Farmer/Educator, this position is responsible for ground preparation, crop planting, care, weeding, etc. in support of Oxford's organic farm.
- Responsible for mowing, mulching, and general maintenance of grounds.
- Handles the picking, packing, and marketing of crops.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A high school diploma, or a Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Prefer knowledge of organic farming practices, marketing of produce, and the local food movement.
- Horticulture skills of propagation, weeding, scouting, and harvest are also preferred.
NOTE: Position tasks are generally required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location. Remote work from home day options may be granted at department discretion. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions