- Date Posted September 16, 2022
- Location Potomac, MD
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
We pride ourselves on empowering local communities through real food.
We are an output focused team who uses transparency, direct communication, and data-driven judgement to make thoughtful decisions and solve problems, every day.
We deeply value our employees and want to be a positive part of each person's life and career.Job description
We are Yay Lunch, a new business concept with the mission to empower local communities by connecting people to real food, made fresh daily. Today, we are providing a meal solution that improves food quality AND access where kids learn and play. Our food services support local vendors AND remove all the pain points for school administrators and parents when it comes to supplying nutritious and tasty meals to kids.
Since launching a pilot in Spring 2018 in Charlottesville, VA, we have expanded rapidly now serving multiple markets along the East Coast. We have aggressive growth plans backed by experienced venture capital partners in the Education and Food Tech space, and we are excited about creating change in how our youth eat today.
Come join us! We’re a startup, so you should know that we will always charge hard, move quickly with agility, and require deep passion and resilience for our mission. We give our growing team of rock stars the tools to succeed with a commitment to flexibility, transparency, respect, empowerment, and positivity.
About the Role
The Campus Café Manager will be responsible for the overall management and day-to-day performance of the on-campus café at Connelly School of the Holy Child. The Campus Café Manager will have day-to-day operational decision making, as well as input into strategic decisions, for the betterment of the program. In addition, this team member will help to shape the on campus café experience across Yay Lunch, as we roll this concept out to other schools.
As Campus Café Manager, You Will:
- Manage the on-campus team
- Hire, train, manage, and terminate team members
- Establish SOPs for all activities - including service, open / close, kitchen management, food prep, etc - and train team members on those activities
- Create and maintain task lists for team members who are assigned different positions, holding team members responsible for shift work.
- Develop and audit daily checklists for opening, mid shift, service, closing, and prep
- Develop and manage scheduling / staffing processes, ensuring balance of coverage and cross-training
- Develop and conduct performance reviews for team members
- Conduct weekly team meetings and daily standups prioritizing issue areas, opportunities for improvement, and promoting areas for growth
- Promote an environment of accountability, camaraderie, and customer service, while keeping team members on task and motivated daily
- Train and manage team to the highest level of customer service
- Conduct / coordinate product training on new items with team, supported by Merchandising
- Manage payroll submissions, including reviewing hours, mileage and expenses, and working with People Operations on any issues
- Act as point of escalation for team issues, customer issues, and administrator issues, and resolve them quickly
- Escalate issues appropriately, and in a timely manner, to other team members, departments, and leadership
- Manage day-to-day operations
- Day to day management of the guest experience, making customer satisfaction and excellent service a priority
- Schedule and manage routes, equipment, and schedules for all pre-order lunch service
- Schedule and manage routine services (linens), inspections, and maintenance programs for equipment
- Develop and maintain inventory management system and provide information for ordering for all vendors (possibly taking over replenishment ordering)
- Manage pre-order and catering vendor relationships, delivery protocols, receiving protocols, return protocols, etc.
- Oversee delivery receipt and put away, establishing processes for each item and each day of the week
- Ensure all equipment - front of house and kitchen equipment - is neat, clean, and appealing by establishing and maintaining a deep cleaning schedule
- Man the floor with the team during service hours, with an eye towards flow, customer experience, cleanliness, and product management
- Be available for any position on the floor that needs support
- Be available for emergency issues involving the team or the café
- Manage the strategic and relationship aspects of the café
- Develop and manage short, medium, and long-term priorities for continual improvement
- Work with Leadership to identify opportunities for growth, and develop execution plan, including economic impact
- Complete all necessary reporting, or oversee the completion of all necessary reporting, including inventory reports, invoice submissions, time sheet management, credits, issue logs, etc.
- Support marketing plan for café, including in-store signage management and school communications
- Develop a relationship with key administrators and be the go-to person on site for all relationship issues. Work with the Growth team to escalate any account management issues and help resolve
You must be:
- Quick to resolve problems
- People-oriented with a focus on driving team engagement
- Detailed oriented + hyper-organized, meeting business objectives
- Collaborative and willing to jump in and take on any job
- Able to stay calm under pressure
You must have:
- Food management experience, preferably cafe, catering or small restaurant
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Drive, Sheets, Word, Hangout, etc.)
- Strong time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A reliable personal vehicle, great driving record, & car insurance
- Salary $50,000 + bonus
- Company options
- Health Insurance - Medical, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Retirement, up to 3.5% employer match
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited time off program)
- Technology allowance, data stipend
- Significant support structures, on-the-ground training, & coaching
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineOctober 31, 2022