Senior Program Associate California FarmLink
- Date Posted September 22, 2022
- Location Sacramento, CA
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
We envision a healthy food system where farmers and ranchers have equitable opportunities to build wealth and conserve natural resources. We value equitable access to opportunity, resilient working landscapes, fairness and accountability, and learning from diverse farmers and ranchers.
Established in 1999, FarmLink works across California, with a focus on serving farmers of color, beginning and sustainable farmers and family-scale fishers. We partner with training programs, impact investors, public agencies and other nonprofits, weaving an ecosystem of support for next-generation farmers and ranchers. We believe that working lands provide valuable incomes as well as ecosystem services through regenerative agriculture.
California FarmLink is certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), one of the first in the nation focused on sustainable and organic agriculture as well as economic and environmental resilience. Our strategic initiatives include:Job description
Join the California FarmLink team to support the prosperity of California farmers and ranchers, ensure equitable access to economic opportunity, and support environmental stewardship and vibrant local food systems. This position plays a key role in supporting the educational activities of FarmLink’s Land Access and Farm Business Education Program (LAFBE). This is a non-exempt full-time position at 40 hours per week.
FarmLink’s LAFBE programs are:
- Resilience – an English-language farm business education program
- Wealth Building (La Resiliencia y La Prosperidad) – a Spanish-language farm business education program
- Equity and Conservation on Working Lands – a bilingual program for land access, succession, and conservation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Program Managers in promoting, recruiting, and partnership-building for educational programs,
- Support Program Managers with organization and management of LAFBE programs.
- Support the maintenance and development of educational resources including applications and forms, recorded webinars, published written materials, templates and worksheets to support client learning and access to programs, in English and Spanish.
- Work closely with the Communications Department to ensure these materials are functioning as intended on our website and to support ongoing messaging about the availability of these resources.
- Support farm businesses with technical support and online application and form submission.
- Attend and support facilitation of virtual, in person, and hybrid group educational programs and workshops, including three established multi-week and multi-month educational programs, and a variety of specialized follow-up workshops and advanced educational offerings (this will include travel to some classes.)
- Assist farm businesses with accessing LAFBE programs, program incentives, technical assistance and referrals.
- Assist with creating client stories and blog posts to share with funders and the public.
- Support FarmLink’s Business Skills Advisor in delivery of one-on-one technical assistance to education clients.
- Support Program Manager with data management, evaluation of, and reporting on LAFBE programs.
- Support the Equity & Conservation on Working Lands Program with lease building services and land linking as directed.
- Support with English and Spanish translations of educational resources.
Applicants who do not meet all of the qualifications are still encouraged to apply.
- AA in business administration, or a Bachelors in business, agriculture, community development, planning, agronomy, environmental studies or other related field, or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Highly organized and self-directed problem-solver able to create timelines and structure while remaining flexible and adaptive.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable working with people of varied cultural backgrounds including those with English as a second language.
- Ability to clearly communicate the written and spoken word with tact, diplomacy, and/or authority fluently in English and Spanish.
- Familiarity with agriculture, agricultural/small business lending, US Department of Agriculture programs, and/or community development finance experience a plus.
- Knowledge and experience using MS Word, Excel and Google Suite tools. Knowledge and experience using CRM software (i.e. Salesforce) a plus.
California FarmLink offers a generous benefits plan, including health insurance after 30-60 days (depending on start date), employer contribution to 403b retirement plan, paid vacation, and a family-friendly and flexible work environment. California FarmLink maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We seek candidates that represent the diversity of the communities we serve, and strongly encourage you to apply.
How To Apply
Please use the subject line “LAFBE Senior Associate” to email a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and organization with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Posted September 19th with an anticipated start date of December 1st, 2022.
Who We Are
The mission of California FarmLink is to invest in the prosperity of farmers and ranchers through lending, education, and access to land. We value equitable access to opportunity, resilient working landscapes, fairness and accountability, and learning from diverse farmers and ranchers. For more info, and to learn about FarmLink’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: https://www.californiafarmlink.org/dei-principles/Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $24.04 - $33.65 Location job can be done remotely Application instructions