Warehouse Manager Saba Grocers
- Date Posted September 22, 2022
- Location Oakland, CA
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
● Establish and lead distribution operations and logistics, including but not limited to managing a purchasing budget for warehouse equipment, facilities maintenance, transportation fleet, etc.; setting up systems for operations; and staff safety.
● Implement the use of warehouse management tools, i.e ERP system.
● Select and implement the use of the delivery routing system.
● Hire and manage warehouse staff, packers and drivers.
● Train staff on the specifics of safe food handling and quality assurance.
● Collaborating with the Food Safety Manager on completion of all needed food safety audits related to daily operations.
● Implement streamlined processes for inventory management and delivery to corner stores and organizations.
● Perform any distribution/delivery analysis as needed.
● Coordinate with other team members on sales, procurement, and food safety.
What we are looking for:
● Ability to build and maintain relationships with other businesses.
● 5-10 year relevant experience in produce or other related distribution perishable goods service. Knowledge of produce perishability, and inventory management needed ● Experience with food safety preferred but not required (will provide training).
● Excel proficiency required. Comfort with technology required (i.e routing systems, pick reports, ERP system)
● Proactive, organized, independent, motivated and detailed oriented manager.
● Experience in successful people management.
● Position requires ability to drive and a valid driver’s license. Mileage is reimbursed per federal rate
Compensation $70,000-$80,000. DOE. Our benefits package include healthcare and dental.
Preferred hours of operations TBD. Early morning hours required (i.e 5-2pm / 7-4pm)
Start Date Open until filled (ideal start date Oct, 24, 2022) Compensation this position is : salaried, 75k-100k Application instructions