Data Cleaning Assistant Center for Good Food Purchasing
- Date Posted September 23, 2022
- Location Anywhere
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Part-Time
The Center for Good Food Purchasing uses the power of procurement and partnerships to create a transparent and equitable food system that prioritizes the health and well-being of people, animals, and the environment. We do this through the nationally-networked adoption and implementation of the Good Food Purchasing Program by major institutions.
Since its founding in 2015, the Center, along with its national and local partners, has enrolled 63 institutions in 25 major US cities, with a collective annual food spend of over $1 billion. These institutions and cities are committed to directing their purchasing power toward the five Program values: local economies, environmental sustainability, valued workforce, animal welfare, and nutrition.
● Clean line item purchasing data from institutional vendors, including product name normalization, attribute assignment, and conduct quality control.
● Assist the Assessment & Analytics team to clean the supplier and food purchases databases.
● On an as-needed basis, assist with other data-related or analysis projects.
The Center for Good Food Purchasing seeks highly motivated and organized individuals with a passion for data management.
● Experience and comfort working with Microsoft Excel, including the use of formulas
● Detail-oriented with strong appreciation for the ways in which high quality data and analysis can be a powerful tool for policy change
● Comfort with repetitive work while maintaining a high level of quality
● Ability to work independently and effectively on multiple projects
● Interest in learning and gaining experience with data management techniques and/or tools
● Ability to work with a remote team, including regular access to internet, phone, and video conferencing
● Interest in food systems work, including values-based procurement, and a commitment to food justice including social, environmental, and economic justice
● Intermediate experience working with Microsoft Excel, including the use of queries
● Strong analytical skills
● 20 hours/week
● 12 weeks, or agreed-upon timeline, with the possibility to extend
● While the position will have a regular work schedule, there will be flexibility depending on your work or school schedule and the nature of the assigned projects.
Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Location job can be done remotely Application instructions