Agronomic Services Manager Harvest Group LLC
- Date Posted September 24, 2022
- Location Campbellton, FL
- Category Agriculture / Business
- Job type Full-Time
We believe we can co-create an ecosystem of businesses that enable an entire bioregion to thrive, restoring balance to Nature, nourishing hungry people, and generating improved conditions for future generations.
Our team is actively launching a regenerative-food-focused business ecosystem in the heart of the black belt agriculture region in South Alabama & Georgia. Our future businesses are organizing now (branding tbd) with the aim to co-create a "living, evolving and naturally functioning organization where abundance and resilience are recurring outcomes of its underlying health.”Job description
Agronomic Services Manager
Seeking a principled professional with a strong commitment to regenerative agriculture, a passion for team building, and a gift for operational efficiency who is aligned with our mission to remove grower barriers, enabling adoption of regenerative and organic practices in the South East.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $120,000 (Based on Experience)
Benefits: Benefits: 401(k) + Company Vehicle provided as needed + Computer + Health Ins. After 90 days + 1 week Paid Vacation + Travel Expenses
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, agribusiness or related discipline
- 2 or more years' experience in agronomy, agribusiness, management, or related field
- Extensive agricultural production and inputs knowledge
- Organization and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and priorities - Works well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Develop and sustain High-Performing work teams.
- Computer Skills (office suite products) and knowledge of business development software
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership, discipline, and performance under pressure
- The ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary
- Ability to conduct formal training sessions and presentations
- A positive attitude and willingness to encourage co-workers
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about a regenerative economy and operational efficiency
- Currently resides in Alabama or willing to relocate to this area
The Agronomic Services Manager directs the daily facility operations, personnel, and success of a full-service products, consulting, and analytics regenerative ag retailer. This position requires a strong suite of management skills and the highest level of personal integrity. Manager will report to the Executive Director of Agronomic Operations and work closely with the entire executive team and other department leads to meet agreed upon goals. They will:
- Work with Director to establish and maintain relationships with contractors and vendors
- Manage and order inventory in a timely and fiscally responsible manner
- Perform financial reporting on department profitability, expenses, payroll, etc.
- Work with private and government agencies to assure all certification standards are met.
- Support Sales Team with client acquisition and retention, relationship building, contracts, sales outlooks, and problem resolution.
- Participate in strategic planning, budgetary, safety, quality, and workforce issues for field and contract employees.
- Keep abreast of current agronomic trends, grants, programs, and relevant environmental issues
- Work with senior staff to develop growth plans and adjustments
- Manage personnel with respect, encourgement, and professional conduct
- Establish and support individual and team performance goals that are attainable and aligned with business strategy
- Sponsor projects, team members, timelines and deliverables to ensure productivity objectives are met
- Promote employee health and safety, and environmentally friendly practices
- Co-Develop department SOP’s and ensure they are fully executed
- Evaluate and analyze the regional competitive environment
- Maintain working knowledge of all activities and processes under dept. purview, with the ability to fill-in on any role as needed, including machinery operation, tech-suite, and client relations
Compensation Plan to include:
- Base Salary of $65-120K, depending on experience
- Company Vehicle Provided
- Travel Expense Paid/Reimbursed
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Computer /Equipment Provided
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Leave
Compensation this position is : salaried, 75k-100k Application instructions