Cheesemonger, Lead and or Managment Arrowine
- Date Posted September 27, 2022
- Location Arlington, VA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Arrowine & Cheese, located at 4508 Cherry Hill Road in Arlington, Virginia, has been the region’s premier retailer of fine wines, specialty cheeses, and charcuterie for 40+ years. Arrowine is a neighborhood store with a National Reputation. We have consistently been rated the top fine wine and cheese shop by Virginia, Northern Virginia, and Arlington Magazines.
We work directly with importers and producers to offer the finest products available. We seek to forge lasting relationships with customers. We keep our offerings current, competitive, and cutting edge. Our cheese case is one of the nation’s very best, from hyper-local sources to Europe and beyond, with an average of 200+ seasonal cheese and charcuterie offerings on any given day. We strive to present unique products made by true artisans we believe in and love ourselves.
If you are passionate about cheese and charcuterie, join us!
An Arrowine Cheesemonger is a direct link between the cheesemakers and the consumer. Detailed product knowledge and a true passion for customer service define us. Our products are the finest available, and we strive to help customers find the “perfect selections” for their picnic, dinner table, or special events and celebrations. Our specialty groceries further enhance the experience.
Our Cheesemongers are the best in the business.
Are you a good fit?
- Previous experience as a Cheesemonger is a plus but not required. We’re ready to teach if you’re willing to learn!
- Previous experience in a retail or food service position is required.
- Have a genuine love and passion for cheese and charcuterie.
- A hard-working team player with solid communication and a dedication to being the best at whatever you do while having fun.
- A great conversationalist that can also multitask as the need arises.
- Flexibility in scheduling - holidays, mornings, evenings, weekends.
- A desire to grow in responsibilities and undertake new challenges.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs, reach and bend, and work on your feet for a full shift are all essential.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Actively sell cheese, charcuterie, grocery to clients.
- Maintain, stock, and restock merchandise in an organized fashion while adhering to strict food safety guidelines.
- Follow all policies and procedures consistently.
- Handle cash, use of and maintain a point of sale system, meat slicer, scale, and a computer.
- Taste cheese; the absolute best way to learn. We hope you’re hungry!
- Profit and loss responsibility and the ability to drive results.
- Team management, development, and helping others advance.
- Meeting and exceeding sales expectations with passion and creativity.
- Creating a dynamic cheese and charcuterie program
- Creative writing and proficiency with major social media platforms.
- Displays a true passion for the art of retail and customer service.
Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $17.00 - $27.00 Application instructions