Hospitality Operations Manager Philo Ridge Farm +1 more
- Date Posted September 27, 2022
- Location Charlotte, VT
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Philo Ridge Farm is a beautiful regenerative agriculture farm located in the small town of Charlotte, in Vermont’s fertile Champlain Valley. Using innovative, ecologically sustainable practices, we manage four hundred acres of healthy pastureland, forests and diversified produce gardens. We rotationally graze heritage breeds of livestock and grow certified organic fruits, vegetables, and flowers. Everything we harvest is processed and sold in our kitchen and Market, where we feature a changing menu of seasonal dishes as well as grocery and specialty housewares that showcase Vermont's local artisans and farmers. Everything we do is rooted in our commitment to honoring our natural and human environments; we strive to produce and share nutrient-dense foods, provide an exciting learning environment for our visitors and staff, and strengthen our vibrant local community, all while honoring the integrity of the land. Food brings people together. We love welcoming visitors to our farm and to our table to share our story. Learn more at www.philoridgefarm.com.Job description
The hospitality operations are organized into a full-service dinner experience alongside a farm-driven market. Strong hospitality leadership in these operations is critical to helping the business achieve its financial health and growth goals, enabling us to support further our regenerative farming, research, education, and community engagement efforts.
Experiencing the connection between food, land, and place is a unique and defining attribute of our business. As the Hospitality Operations Manager, you will curate this guest experience across the operation. You will report to our Director of Hospitality and work closely with our Executive Chef. You will lead a team of front-of-house staff that are trained and well positioned in their roles to share the story of the farm in an authentic way. In managing the FOH team, you will lead the day to day dining service and operations while supporting the market. You will oversee the FOH facilities and be responsible for the dining area design, aesthetics and its impact on guest experience and team workflow. Partnering with the Director of Hospitality and Executive Chef, you will curate all farm products and food at a consistently high level and serve as a conduit for information and feedback on product to the Executive Chef and kitchen team. As a member of the leadership team, you will manage administrative tasks and processes related to the front of house operations and help shape the overall direction of our hospitality program at the farm.
Leadership and Service
- Oversee all day-to-day front of house operations and manage the team and facilities to produce a consistent and excellent guest experience.
- Partner with the Director of Hospitality and Executive Chef to nurture a team culture that supports and empowers staff, champions consistent, positive and growth-oriented feedback, and results in a team that is happy and has meaningful engagement with day-to-day work.
- Embody and teach great service skills that support excellent guest experience. Spend time in the service environment engaged with guests and leading the front of house team through shifts.
- Work closely with the for all front of house staffing processes including hiring, onboarding, terminations, and regular scheduling of all front of house shifts.
- Lead front of house staff development and team building processes along with the training of all service oriented, operational and administrative tasks and processes.
- Assist in facilitating the ongoing development of PRF storytelling and coordinate all Hospitality department staff training with other managers and supervisors.
- Maintain front of house facilities, including health and safety protocols, regular care and cleanliness, and opening and closing responsibilities.
- Support the Director of Hospitality and Executive Chef in day-to-day management of the dining room, including staff and service support, facilities, merchandising, and quality control.
- Maintain and enhance administrative systems for hospitality operations that leverage point-of-sale systems and inventory management to improve operations.
- Manage tip reporting and payroll payouts with oversite from the Hospitality Director.
- Oversee cash handling, bank deposit, and server check out.
- Partner with the Director of Hospitality and Executive Chef to identify growth opportunities within the hospitality operations, set growth goals, and develop strategies to continuously evolve operations.
- Support the Director of Hospitality in the financial management of the department and work to meet or exceed budgeted income and expenses.
- 5+ years of management experience in restaurant and hospitality businesses with direct experience running floor service teams and managing a dining room.
- Passion for hospitality, great dining experiences, local food systems, and environmentalism.
- Strength in culture building, team development, and individual coaching
- Demonstrated abilities as a facilitator, mentor, and mediator.
- Gracious, warm, adaptable and calm under fire.
- Unwavering standards in delivering product, service, and a positive guest experience.
- Excellent verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Strong written communication and computer literacy including functional experience in Excel/GSuite.
- Consistent and accurate cash and credit card transaction management skills, including daily batching, drawer reconciliation, and bank deposits.
- Proficient with set-up, use, management, and troubleshooting of POS systems and inventory management systems.
- Belief in the mission of Philo Ridge Farm and enthusiasm for agriculture in the northeast.
- , wine service and/or culinary positions .
Benefits & Perks
At Philo Ridge Farm, located in Vermont’s beautiful Champlain Valley, we strive to provide a healthy and exciting learning environment for our team. While the farm is located in the rural town of Charlotte, it is a 20-minute drive to downtown Burlington where you can find restaurants, shops, theaters and a culturally rich community.
Benefits include accrued paid time off, complimentary staff meal prepared daily, health care benefits, and an employee discount on products in our market.
Philo Ridge Farm is an equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions