Assistant Warehouse Manager Farm To People LLC
- Date Posted September 28, 2022
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Business / Production
- Job type Full-Time
We are Farm To People: a farmer’s market delivery service that offers New Yorkers an expansive curation of products by local farmers and makers! Our mission is to reimagine the food system by supporting small farmers and producers, all while providing customers an unmatched grocery experience. Our warehouse functions as a logistical middleman between the farms we source from and New Yorkers looking for ethically-sourced groceries, delivered. We are currently hiring associates for our Bushwick warehouse!
Main duties and functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist warehouse manager by leading, mentoring, and motivating a team of 20+ warehouse associates during production days.
- Assume Warehouse Management responsibilities when the Warehouse Manager is not in house. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the warehouse in their absence.
- Follow opening and closing procedures and all food safety standards to ensure the warehouse is in peak operating condition at all times. Owns maintenance, food safety, and EOD checklists in conjunction with the warehouse manager.
- Ensure proper execution and implementation of all policies procedures with regard to picking, packing, shipping, receiving, and inventory management.
- Monitor scheduling, clock-ins and outs of employees and maintain labor budget targets.
- Responsible for hiring, onboarding and training of new employees.
- Conduct physical counts of inventory and reconcile floor counts and inventory shipments in conjunction with the warehouse manager.
- Communicate with the procurement team regarding inventory/quality issues.
- Oversight of the Receiving Team in conjunction with Warehouse Manager.
- Ensure compliance with safety codes, policies, and procedures of the Company and standards established by Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Develop procurement/supply chain management skills and execute supplies/packaging procurement.
- Work with the Warehouse Manager to change/improve processes in the warehouse as needed.
Candidate must be:
- Reliable and punctual.
- Energetic with a go getter attitude.
- Calm in stressful situations.
- Able to work on your feet for 8-10hrs.
- Able to work in refrigeration and occasionally work in our freezer for short periods of time.
- Able to work on Saturdays & Sundays.
- Experienced in managing people.
COMPENSATION: $22 - $25 per hour DOE after a 4 week trial period at $20/hr. Full Time + Benefits.Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $20.00 - $25.00 Application instructions