Equity & Human Resources Coordinator San Luis Valley Local Foods Coalition
- Date Posted September 29, 2022
- Location Alamosa, CO
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
The San Luis Valley Local Foods Coalition (SLVLFC) is looking to hire a passionate Equity and Human Resources Coordinator.
Hours: Full Time position (40 Hour work week)
Pay: $20 an hour (Paid time off, paid holidays, health and dental)
- Work with the Community Food Assessment Project Coordinator, Project Stewards, community partners, residents, and SLVLFC staff to conduct an equitable community food assessment in the six counties of the San Luis Valley.
- The Equity Coordinator will be responsible for Alamosa County specific institutional and business equity policy scan, equitable policy and practices best practices education and working with Alamosa representatives to improve policy and practices in Alamosa County. Facilitate equity conversations/workshops among institutions in Alamosa County; build upon existing efforts within community
- Support the SLVLFC Human Resources Department to ensure equity in employee policy, practices, hiring and maintaining employees. 30% of time
- Build upon existing momentum within SLVLFC. Conduct research and engage in readings to understand what has been done in the Local Foods Coalition, with SLV partner organizations and what exists in Alamosa County.
- Incorporate translation and interpretation with the Language Justice Cooperative to be inclusive to all languages.
- Lead SLVLFC Equity Action Team (EAT) winter meetings and/or coordinate guest speakers building upon what has been done.
- Represent the SLVLFC in the Racial Equity Community of Learning & Practice (COLP) for Food Policy Councils put on by the Johns Hopkins’ Center for a Liveable Future.
- Have a presence at SLV Generation Wild meetings to keep a finger on the pulse of youth activities in the SLV
- Document & uplift community voices
- Have an active presence at monthly Local Food, Local Places coalition meetings
- Identify people/organizations to bring to the table
- Search and apply for funding opportunities to support local equity projects
- Help with SLVLFC Annual Harvest Festival “LOCAL!”
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus, but not required
- Community organizing experience
- High School Graduate, College degree and/or 3 years experience
- Understanding of equitable leadership strategies
- Ability to inspire others
- Strong communication skills
- Well organized
- Flexible Schedule - evenings and some Saturdays
SLVLFC Equity Statement, crafted by SLVLFC staff and board in 2020:
The San Luis Valley Local Foods Coalition (SLVLFC) has held equity and justice in its core values since its founding. We are prioritizing equity and seeking new ways to actualize these values in our practices.
The SLVLFC acknowledges that it stands on the shoulders of many ancestors, some who caused healing and some who caused harm.
We recognize that this country was stolen from indigenous people and built upon the backs of enslaved people. We seek to create a place of equity led by the voices of the people both present and past.
We stand before you ready to listen to the many voices of those who suffer at our capitalistic, colonialist culture; we are ready to examine our work and change our ways, admitting we participate in this oppressive culture.Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions