Culinary Studio Coordinator Sempio Foods
- Date Posted November 17, 2022
- Location New York, NY
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
Brought to life in 1946, Sempio is Korea’s number one household brand specializing in fermented foods. Based on the founder’s philosophy, “I will never produce or sell products that my family would not eat“, we’ve crafted a quality product that can be enjoyed by everyone.
And now, we have a vision, “A tastier lifestyle for all generations” – so in Korea, we’ve built the first ever research and development center specializing in fermentation. As well as gaining a number of industry-leading quality and safety certifications, we work with other experts from across the world to innovate, educate and create new and exciting products every day.
Our mission is simple. To explore and connect food cultures from around the world, with products that help expand culinary horizons.
We are searching for a person who is honest and adventurous to become our companion to achieve our mission.
Let’s start your career with Sempio.Job description
We are looking for an innovative person to be part of our small and passionate team. You will be part of the promotion of our company's brand and products. In this role, you will be involved in recipe development, R&D of new products, content creation for social media and culinary events at the Yondu Culinary Studio in NYC.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be creative, to have cooking experience and photo and video skills
- Recipe development. Research recipes and trends, give ideas for development, test ideas in the kitchen, develop recipes for different products
- New product R&D. Planning cooking tests, buying ingredients, cooking, setting up tastings, processing data
- Content creation. Take and edit photos and videos in different formats for different channels like IG reels, Amazon, Website, PR collaborations.
- Events at the Yondu Culinary Studio. Ideation and preparation of food events. Food prep, demos and dinner serving. Tracking of event outcomes.
- Space management of the Yondu Culinary studio. Manage kitchen organization, maintenance and cleaning service.
- Food Service sales. Sampling campaigns and follow up with chefs about our products. Eventual sales rides and trainings for distributors
- Trade Shows and other events. Trade show preparation, cook, and serve food samples during the event.
- Marketing research. Visit grocery stores and trade shows to monitor market trends and competitor products. Find new opportunities and ideas for promotion of our products.
- Culinary school training
- At least 2 years' experience in a kitchen
- Interest in marketing, social media and food brands
- Team work oriented, curious and adaptable to an ever changing environment
- Be able to conduct tasks independently and solve problems within your responsibilities
- Be able to perform physical tasks, such as standing on your feet for ours or lift 30 lbs. boxes
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management and organizational abilities
- Availability to travel within the USA and to work weekday evenings once a week.