Warehouse & Fulfillment Team Member Big Spoon Roasters
- Date Posted November 22, 2022
- Location Hillsborough, NC
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
Big Spoon Roasters makes handcrafted nut butters and snack bars from scratch with world-class ingredients sourced directly from local and like-minded producers who share our dedication to authentic quality and sustainability. We believe that our food choices matter, and our mission is to build a healthier relationship with our planet through delicious, nutritious foods made without compromise.Job description
WAREHOUSE & FULFILLMENT TEAM MEMBER
Reports to: Operations Manager
Classification: Full-time, Hourly, Monday - Friday
The Warehouse & Fulfillment team member contributes to all aspects of warehouse operations, including shipping & receiving, order fulfillment, packaging prep, material handling, cleaning, and maintenance. This position also assists the Production Team with food production, as needed. The ideal candidate has a background in warehouse operations, logistics, and/or food manufacturing with specific knowledge of shipping, receiving, freight, inventory control, and material organization.
This role requires a safety-minded, industrious, detail-oriented person with a strong work ethic, sharp organizational skills, computer literacy, creative problem-solving skills, positivity, and teamwork.
- Prepares packaging materials for daily production and fulfillment.
- Fills orders using a variety of different equipment and packaging configurations.
- Assists Production with various elements of food manufacturing.
- Assists Warehouse & Fulfillment Team Lead in monitoring warehouse inventory for shortages, errors, and safety concerns.
- Performs Daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and cleaning of select production and warehouse equipment.
- Assists with contacting shipper(s) and arranging for pickup.
- Receives and logs inbound materials and files packing slips.
- Loads outbound materials onto trucks and freight vehicles.
- Operates and maintains forklift and other tools required for storage and fulfillment.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to stand or walk 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. many times throughout the day
- Ability to be self-directed when needed, but comfortable taking direction and asking questions
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Proficiency in basic mathematical skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and fractions to be able to calculate square footage, etc.
- Ability to read a ruler to within 1/16 of an inch and accurately use a calculator to measure and calculate effectively
- Dependability regarding attendance, start time, and completion of work
- A clear understanding of, and commitment to, Big Spoon Roasters’ values and mission
- Proficiency with computers and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Positive attitude and a proactive approach to contributing to our collective success
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Starting hourly wage of $15/hour
- One 13oz jar of BSR nut butter per week
- Employee discount on BSR products
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, wellness benefit, CSA benefit, and retirement benefit after successful 90-day review
Big Spoon Roasters provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Compensation this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr Application instructions