- Date Posted November 23, 2022
- Location Lexington, NY
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
Who We Serve : We primarily supply high-volume, high-end floral clients. We are split wholesale and retail. Our clients can be broken into the following categories:
- The most incredible floral designers in the greater NYC and upstate area
- CSA's (our own and others)
- Weddings and events
- Grocery stores
- NYC Flower Market
Our Team :
We are a small 3-5 person crew consisting of:
2023 will be our 4th commercial season. We are hitting our stride as a farm. We have the infrastructure in place, are getting the systems in order and want to introduce a new profit sharing model with the crew this season.. Job description Do you love building, repairing and taking pride in running a well-oiled-machine of a farm?
Farm Mechanic must have the experience and skills necessary to independently carry out all responsibilities listed below:
Operate, maintain, and perform repairs to tractor (BCS), Mower (Toro) and implements.
- Lead carpentry projects including high and caterpillar tunnel repair and enhancement. End wall construction and repair. Chicken coop repair. Tool shed and tool rack builds and repairs. Compost toilet housing construction.
Install, maintain, and repair irrigation and fertigation systems pumps, plumbing, irrigation lines, and sprinklers
Assist in training others on some of the more basic systems
Assist in general infrastructure creation, repair and maintenance
Other duties as assigned by the Farm Manager
Looking for someone who can keep our mower, walk-behind tractor and tools in excellent condition and work on various builds throughout the season. in addition to regular greenhouse and caterpillar tunnel maintenance, irrigation system infrastructure and participate in some general farm work as well. Knowledge of electrical systems as plus.
- Hourly wage plus 5% of farm profit (or $1000, whichever is greater) at the end of the season.
- Monthly reviews and raises for exceptional work.
- Raises for folks who stay on from one season to the next.
- Workers Compensation
- Affordable housing available nearby (we can put you in touch)
Work is 4-5days/week and runs March-November. It may be that 4 days are on-farm and there is a 5th day doing deliveries. We are located next to a ski mountain that has work Dec-April, if you want work during those months instead of taking time off.
Pay range is $18-$21 DOE Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline