Field Manager Red Barn Farm
- Date Posted December 04, 2022
- Location Bentonville, AR
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Field Manager, Full-Time Exempt
COMPANY: Red Barn Farm
LOCATION: Bentonville, AR
COMPENSATION: $40-50k per year commensurate with experience
BENEFITS: housing discount, medical/dental/vision insurance plans available, 50% coverage of personal medical to be paid by the employer
NARRATIVE SUMMARY – Field Manager
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Field Manager is responsible for leading the preparation, planting, cultivation, and harvesting of crops, operating farm equipment, field maintenance, and harvest, and accomplishing goals set forth by the Farm Team leadership. The Field Manager will provide mentorship, training, and management of the field crew. This role will require a commitment to follow regenerative farming practices and to build a community around a farm.
ROLE: 100% of the time
Work with the Farm Manager and the Farm Leadership Team to establish and expand the farm and create efficient systems for a sustainable farm. This position will include planting, cultivation, harvesting, selling, educating, and continually learning. This position will work directly with the Farm Manager and field crew and assist in carrying out daily goals.
- Assist the Farm Manager in all farm-related tasks
- Harvest and post-harvest processing of crops
- Implementation of a pest management plan for crops
- Assist with marketing and distribution of produce
- Recording of field data in the company record-keeping system
- Maintain quality control and food safety plans
- Be comfortable operating all equipment or willing to learn
- Available for retail sales during the market season (Saturday farmer’s markets)
- Organize small on-farm projects and tasks
- Manage field operations and crew, including FTE and apprentice workforce
- Be available for weekend farm chore shifts
- Assist with tours, summer camps, and farm dinners
- Diligent upkeep of the Visual Management Board and task list
- Keep the farm, fields, and grounds in an attractive and organized state at all times
- Assist the farm manager with and exhibit leadership in process and procedure documentation and continuous improvement of education materials
- Other related assignments as necessary
- Preserve the overall condition of the property grounds.
- Create and uphold efficient and attractive production systems.
- Commit to learning and following regenerative farming practices.
- Create value in the form of an esthetically pleasing farm space and the quality of the product.
- Aid the Farm Manager in teaching, mentoring, and establishing a close-knit farm team.
- Do whatever it takes to achieve and surpass your responsibilities.
- Maintain a dependable, accountable, and positive attitude.
- Add value to every interaction.
- Good is the enemy of great.
- Profit follows value.
- Begin as you wish to continue.
- Gather. Do. Review.
TECHNOLOGY AGREEMENT: You will be provided with the proper equipment to accomplish your tasks, including a laptop computer. All supplied equipment is the property of Green Circle Projects or affiliated companies. Personal equipment is expected to be used where applicable, especially if working remotely or from home. Software Subscriptions Laptop/ Tablet Workstation/ Monitor are provided.
Employees must conduct their work activities in compliance with all Green Circle Projects internal and applicable regulatory requirements. Green Circle Projects internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies and objectives.
GREEN CIRCLE PROJECTS CULTURE: Today, our talented team is creating an unrivaled foundation for long-term growth. We combine highly regarded brands with an enviable pipeline and lean, reliable operations to drive value for communities. We adapt daily as a close-knit team, proudly creating trust and reaching goals.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Green Circle Projects is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
Compensation this position is : salaried, 35,568* - 50k Application instructions