Bakery Manager The Grey Barn & Farm
- Date Posted January 24, 2023
- Location Chilmark, MA
- Category Agriculture / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
The Grey Barn on Martha’s Vineyard is a bustling and lively place to work. Open year round, our certified organic farm is a hub of the local community in the off season and a destination for island visitors in the summer season. Our purpose is to create delicious food and keep people coming backJob description
The Bakery Manager will supervise, coordinate and run the day-to-day operations of the bakery. This includes all aspects of bread and pastry production as well as recipe development. Additionally, the Bakery Manger will be responsible for overseeing bakery staff. This includes and is not limited to, hiring, training and employee scheduling. The Bakery Manager must be a self-motivated, methodical and meticulous individual who is willing to work hard, be adaptable and positive.
- You have a passion for baking
- You enjoy learning about food
- You are excited to create beautiful, visually appealing food.
- You can both command and work harmoniously within a group
- You are an effective communicator
- You are punctual
- You are organized and maintain a clean work area
- Able to stand on feet for long periods of time
- Able to work in a hot, humid, wet, cold and/or damp environment
- Able to adhere to health and safety regulations
- Candidate must be detail oriented
- A minimum of five years of production baking experience, with at least three years of managerial experience preferred.
- A knowledge and understanding of all types of bread and pastry with an emphasis on naturally leavened breads and laminated products.
- Knowledge of and experience working with steam injection ovens.
- Proficient with Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Calendar) and Quickbooks
- Valid driver's license required to fulfill job duties.
- Be able to repeatedly lift 50 lbs throughout the day and work on your feet.
Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions