Administrative Assistant Root 5 Farm
- Date Posted January 23, 2023
- Location Fairlee, VT
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
We're dedicated to growing practices that use a holistic approach to soil fertility, pest control and plant and animal health. We build our soil through crop rotation, cover cropping, and minimal tillage and are committed to a healthy workplace, environment, and community.
All members of our tight-knit crew have their hands in the soil planting, hoeing, weeding, mulching, pruning, trellising, harvesting, washing and packing produce. In the spring our team also works together on infrastructure projects, and fall finds us in the farm kitchen making kimchi, kraut, herbed salts, and other value-added products.
At Root 5 Farm it's important to us that all employees enjoy
- A respectful, welcoming, and supportive work environment
- All you can eat delicious vegetables and krauts
- 40 hour work weeks so you can rely on work day hours starting and ending on time
- Paid time off in the winter, if returning for a second growing season
- Time and half paid for any overtime hours in a 2 week pay period
- Opportunities to grow and develop new skills
- Opportunities to collaborate and provide input on the farm
40-45 hours/week April - December
30-35 hours/week January - March
* paid vacation time in the off season*
Pay range $17-$20/hour
- Assisting Farm Manager with CSA member and wholesale communications (primarily newsletters and social media)
- Assist Farm Manager to source high quality local products for our CSA, place orders with vendors, and coordinate delivery and storage logistics.
- Manage product inventory and storage spaces for crop quality and efficient work flow.
- Assist Farm Manager with CSA delivery builder- assess field crop availability, track product inventory, and build our custom packed CSA boxes with a diverse selection of products.
- Organize CSA and wholesale pick lists for accurate and efficient harvests.
- Coordinate with Willing Hands to orient gleaning team to field crops for gleaning.
- Occasionally participate in additional aspects of food production including planting, weeding, mulching, pruning, trellising, harvesting, washing produce, and packing CSA boxes.
- Be an active member of a small team to take on projects, solve problems, and work together.
- Assist in the farm kitchen making sauerkraut and other value-added products in the fall.
- The right candidate for this position will be detail oriented and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 2+ years prior project, account, or office management experience - we'd love for that experience to be on a farm or professional kitchen but we're open to various backgrounds!
- Minimum 2-year commitment preferred but not required