2023 Winery Harvest Cellar Worker Foris Vineyards
- Date Posted January 23, 2023
- Location Medford, OR
- Category Agriculture / Culinary
- Job type Summer Job
For the 2023 harvest, Foris is seeking workers to be part of our winemaking team. Good candidates will have an interest in participating in the winemaking and grape growing process and be able to work effectively independently and within a team. This is a temporary position anticipated to start on September 10th and finish on November 1st.
- Winery sanitation and other pre harvest work as assigned
- General cellar work including wine/juice transfers, tank additions, topping, and bottling.
- Fermentation management: punch downs, brix checks, nutrient additions, inoculations
- Vineyard sampling and other lab work depending on experience
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous winemaking, culinary, brewery, food, or farm production experience preferred. Forklift experience is a bonus.
- Education in food science or agriculture preferred.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Able to lift 50 lbs and work extended hours in a physically demanding environment
- Able to stand for long periods of time and climb ladders daily
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and adhere to strict safety procedures.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineMarch 31, 2023