Culinary Services Lunchroom Asst. Seattle Public Schools
- Date Posted January 24, 2023
- Location Seattle, WA
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
- Assists in the preparation and serving of attractive, high quality, nutritious, cost effective meals following standardized procedures, which may include cooking, baking, and/or salad making, according to the established work schedule, following menu planners as well as meeting District standards.
- Understands and complies with Federal, State, and local requirements for meal reimbursement and menu planner documentation.
- Completes assigned tasks within time allocated.
- Complies with all food safety and sanitation procedures; understands HACCP procedures and assists in maintaining HACCP records.
- Assists in the cleaning of kitchen, equipment, tables and storeroom as scheduled by the manager. Reports equipment malfunctions to manager to insure safe working conditions.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate food and supply inventories.
- May relieve or assist other unit employees in higher meal preparation tasks to meet emergencies, on-the-job training situations or as necessary to maintain the operation of the cafeteria unit or as assigned by the Kitchen Manager and her/his designee.
- Collects money and accounts for meals served according to established procedures by computer or other designated procedure.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relations with others.
- Promotes SPS and Nutrition Services Department Vision, Mission and Goals.
- Participates in food safety and sanitation training yearly
- Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Food preparation techniques and procedures
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Basic Math
- Modern methods of food preparation, including recipe adjustment; acceptable product standards, including quality and sanitation aspects; basic math; basic computer operation.
- Use English communication orally and in writing
- Team work.
- Read and write in English.
- Do simple mathematical calculations.
- Do simple banking requirements.
- Count change.
- Follow instructions and use fundamentals of food preparation techniques and procedures following approved safety and sanitation requirements.
- Learn Federal, State and Local requirements for the National School Lunch Programs.
- Operate all types of commercial kitchen equipment, including a mechanical aptitude for operating/adjusting complex equipment.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, staff and the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Work under supervision following written and oral instruction.
- Learn and operate Nutrition Services computerized system for meal accountability and maintaining records.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline