Business Devel Director - Higher Ed Genuine Foods
- Date Posted January 25, 2023
- Location Anywhere
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
ABOUT GENUINE FOODS
Genuine Foods is a national purpose-driven foodservice company seeking to bring much needed radical change to the foodservice experience, especially in communities where poverty, obesity and health disparities are prevalent. We deliver fresh, delicious, scratch-made foods, an innovative people-focused team, and a deep commitment to reliability and integrity to K-12 schools, colleges and universities, and healthcare facilities across the country. Food service management is what we do, but what we create together with our customers, our partners and our dedicated team members goes far beyond the plate.Job description
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Genuine Foods is seeking a Director of Business Development- Higher Education to drive sales within public and private Colleges & Universities. Successful sales team members are entrepreneurial, adaptive, Swiss Army Knives who can operate independently while proactively seeking opportunities to collaborate with the broader team. Business Development Directors are passionate about building strong and lasting relationships, have a vision for the future, and develop regional strategies that drive growth. Must have previous experience selling contract food service management.
This is a remote role with travel requirements.
- Work independently and as part of a team to implement successful sales strategies & meet individual and team sales goals.
- Leverage lead generation tools to build a robust, viable 3 year prospect pipeline, tracking all activity in the CRM.
- Analyze RFPs/RFIs for financial and competitive viability.
- Develop technical and price proposals in response to solicitations, leveraging company templates.
- Research competitor practices and strategies and identify opportunities for enhanced positioning and sales process improvements.
- Attend meetings with potential clients, setting up tastings as appropriate, to ensure all requirements for bids are met and strong relationships are built.
- Understand and ensure compliance with College and University requirements for contracted food service.
- Build and foster relationships across the Genuine Foods team to support additional market growth and the promotion of comprehensive solutions offerings to clients – including collaborating with Culinary to inform concept development.
- Clearly and frequently communicate with leadership and other members of the Business Development team all important information and ensure the CRM database is kept up to date.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years consultative sales experience, with a minimum of 3 years selling contract food service management solutions to Higher Education institutions;
- A passion for Genuine Foods’ mission and approach to foodservice;
- Previous experience in negotiating and closing favorable complex public and private multimillion-dollar contracts for vended food services or cafeteria management solutions.
- Previous experience developing rigorous proformas or strong financial analysis capabilities;
- Experience with discovering, analyzing, and assessing RFPs/RFIs;
- Established Higher Education client relationships a major plus; and
- Results-oriented, self-directed, adaptive, creative, and entrepreneurial.
Benefits and Perks:
- Health and retirement benefits
- Paid time off
- Performance-based bonuses
Trustworthiness: Integrity. Transparency. Reliability. Consistency. Best quality possible. Delivery excellence.
Personal accountability: Ownership in solving problems. No excuses. Never compromising. Learn from mistakes. Financial stewardship of the bottom line (ours and customers’), without sacrificing quality.
People first: Human centered solutions/approach. Whole person. Teamwork. Hospitality. Every single person matters. Humanity. Empathy. Meeting people where they are. Culturally responsive.
Entrepreneurial: Adaptable. Nimble. Go the extra mile. Responsive. Encouraged to try new things.
Genuine: Real, tasty, scratch-cooked healthy food. Strive for the highest quality, freshest and tastiest product at the price customers can afford. Authentic interactions. Honest. Positive. Proven. Professional.
Genuine Foods provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Compensation this position is : salaried, more than 100k Location job can be done remotely Application instructions