West Taghkanic Diner is located off of Route 80 in Ancram, NY. Founded in 1953, our space was redeveloped in 2018 with a focus on highlighting a range of Hudson Valley purveyors. We cater to a range of audiences, and pride ourselves in serving American comfort food that both feels familiar and original. We care deeply about creating an environment for our team in which they are treated as collaborators, rather than simply as labor. Services can be long and challenging, and it is crucial that all members of the team are healthy and present during the work week. Our two smokers are a cornerstone of our menu. Between spring and fall, we feature high-volume outdoor dining in a functioning pick-your-own flower garden. We have a passionate social media following who is highly responsive to pop-up dinner concepts. Historically, our beverage program has supported locally brewed, distilled and fermented beers, wines and spirits. We cater both to an audience of passionate regulars, as well as to diner-seeking passers by.
We are currently looking to hire a general manager to take the lead in front of house operations. This person will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Prioritize an intentional work environment that balances challenge and fairness, and takes the opinions and interests of the team into consideration at all times.
- Run payroll and communicate with the accounting team.
- Send out weekly FOH schedule.
- Set and maintain budgets for staffing, supplies, and general operations.
- Take care of social media and manage the website, as well as online ordering.
- Take care of the diner's communication email and hiring email, responding in a reasonable time.
- Facilitate hiring, onboarding and training processes for new employees.
- Set and maintain a standard of service, and take the lead in navigating guest relations as well as complaints and damage control.
- Enforce health code standards.
- Order and keep stock of merchandise, office supplies, and FOH inventory items.
- Plan for, organize and maintain a beverage program that includes beer, wine, spirits, coffee, tea and other non-alcoholic options.
- Maintain the dining room to a high standard, coordinate with cleaning personnel when necessary.
- Work with the head chef to design menus and other guest-facing materials.
- Take initiative in building maintenance projects in collaboration with owners, our accounting team and our head chef.
- Work collaboratively with Luloo, who takes the lead in our flower garden.
West Taghkanic Diner is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
this position is : salaried, 50k-75k
this job's deadline has passed
DeadlineFebruary 28, 2023