Line Cook Simon Pearce
- Date Posted January 30, 2023
- Location Quechee, VT
- Category Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
The Simon Pearce Restaurant Line Cook is responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling dishes according to restaurant recipes and specifications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review food preparation checklist daily to ensure all duties are performed
- Assemble and prepare ingredients for dishes within assigned station, ensuring consistency and quality of all production and service
- Assemble and prepare ingredients for dishes as assigned by Sous Chef, ensuring consistency and quality of all production and service
- Participate in decision and preparation of daily specials
- Lend guidance to cooks who are in training
- Inform Executive Chef of any ordering needs
- Clean up preparation area, in accordance with sanitary guidelines
- Transport prepared foods to Service kitchen for final preparation
- Work assigned station during meal service, cooking or assembling dishes for restaurant guests, ensuring consistency and quality of all production and service
- Clean service kitchen area, in accordance with sanitary guidelines
- All other related duties as assigned
- 2 years working in the kitchen of a fine dining restaurant preferred
- Must be passionate about food and desire to create quality dishes in a timely manner
- Must have the ability to remain calm under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Maturity, punctuality, and professionalism, a must
- Ability to work in a clean and organized manner
- Team player
- Culinary students are preferred but not required
- Must have a flexible schedule and the ability to work weekdays and weekends
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work in a limited physical space with variable atmospheric conditions including ventilation, lighting, smoke, and extreme temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.Compensation this position is : hourly, $20/hr + Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline