Hydroponic Farmer Regener8 Farm and Retreat
- Date Posted January 31, 2023
- Location Miami, FL
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
Regener8 Farm and Retreat is an oasis for those who seek to connect with nature and contribute to the planet’s overall health. The farm uses regenerative farming practices, with a focus on healthy soils and bio-diversity leading to more productive yields.
The farm will host a farmers’ market, hydroponic greenhouse, fruit grove, nursery, cage-free egg production, tropical fruit groves and other agricultural uses. Overall, the farm serves as both a source of regeneratively-produced fruits and vegetables and as a platform to promote agriscience in the South Florida. The wellness retreat is similarly planned as a lushly landscaped and serene relaxation environment where, nestled among the foliage, will be a meditation center, overnight lodging, communal kitchen and dining space, spa/healing center, walking paths, recreational spaces with sport courts and calming natural bodies of water.Job description
We are a large agri-tourism project looking for a hydroponics / aquaponics farmer with experience managing all aspects of crop production in a greenhouse setting, achieving superior yields and quality. This role will oversee and mentor assistant growers and be responsible for the daily operations and duties in the aquaculture and hydroponics greenhouse at Regener8 Farm, raising a variety of types of fish and vegetables for consumption.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintaining hydroponic and aquaponics systems in functional working order
- Feed fish and care for aquatic species in the aquaculture greenhouse.
- Monitor daily water quality data.
- Track aquaponics greenhouse production and harvest data as well as system maintenance including PH levels, system health, and fish sales.
- Knowledge of aquaculture or aquaponics and having worked in an aquaculture facility or in a fisheries related field, preferred ·
- Works closely with the Farm Manager in crop planning for hydroponics and aquaponics operation.
- Preparation, seeding and maintenance of propagation trays and growing channels.
- Maintaining a clean working environment at all times.
- Transplanting, harvesting, labeling, recording and maintaining information about the plants and their growth, preparing plants for packaging, inspecting plants to assess quality
- Monitoring water and environmental quality
- Tracking and adjusting: ■ pH ■ Electrical conductivity ■ Nutrient composition ■ Temperature ■ Humidity
- Observing and monitoring plant health
- Maintaining and cleaning hydroponic equipment
- Organizing and cleaning facilities and tools
- Tracking inventory and reporting to managers
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline