Hospitality Specialist Hazon, Inc.
- Date Posted January 31, 2023
- Location Falls Village, CT
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center is a year-round 180-person retreat facility that is located in Falls Village, CT. If you want to work in the beautiful Berkshires with amazing people, this is the place for you!Job description
The Hospitality Specialist is the primary point of contact for guests outside of the program experience to create a positive, guest friendly environment with attention to detail according to cleanliness, timeliness, and responding to requests. This position primarily helps to meet all needs in regards to housing and guest rooms. This person will report to the Guest Services Operations Manager. This position requires a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Clean the floors, sweep and mop, make the beds, mopping, replenishing linens, wipe down door knobs, drawers, counters, etc. to ensure we have clean rooms and spaces.
- Able to drive and operate company vehicle.
- Follow the guidelines of the Housekeeping Room Turnover Process.
- Clean linens and blankets - transfer clean bedding from Sunshine Laundry van into Housekeeping shed(s) and load housekeeping van with linens and blankets needed
- Maintain the cleanliness of all rooms and common spaces (including arts and crafts, staff lounge, main building, synagogue, Burbs, 181 Beebe, office, etc.
- Taking inventory and replenishment of supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, soap, etc.) in all individual and common rooms / areas.
- Set up common rooms (synagogue, rec. room, dining room, lounge, etc.) depending on program needs.
- Alert the Supervisor and Maintenance of any problems with rooms.
- Take out garbage from all individual and common rooms/areas.
- Be respectful and helpful to colleagues, where it relates to cleanliness.
- Work independently and as a team.
- You may be approached by guests, please do your best to help respond to their inquiries or find someone who can help, i.e. Director of Retreats, Facilities Manager, or Manager on Duty.
- Willingness to step in and help in different departments to help in busy time frames of the year.
- Housekeeping experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Creative thinker with strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to maintain professionalism.
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Push, pull, and lift 10-50 lbs.
- Walk up and down stairs and on uneven surfaces.
- Kneel, bend, crawl, squat, and crouch.
- Work in confined spaces.
- Tolerate exposure to dust and cleaning chemicals.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline