Marketing and Retail Associate Small Batch Kitchen +1 more
- Date Posted February 03, 2023
- Location Lansdale, PA
- Category Business / Media
- Job type Full-Time
Small Batch Kitchen is a woman-owned, specialty food business with two main components.
- A production kitchen where we cook up low-sugar fruit spreads, infuse sea salts, ferment krauts and hot sauces, frozen soups, complete meals, and more. We use local produce and are excited about starting a new direct farm co-packing program to help support more local farms in our area.
- A specialty food and gift market where we sell our products, in addition to locally sourced milk and eggs, specialty foods, meats, artisan soaps, local art, etc. We also sell specialty cooking equipment, sustainable living products, and native gardening supplies.
We encourage all staff to share ideas - on recipes, products to carry in the market, or on efficiency ideas. We are a small team and we believe in working hard while having fun and maintaining a work life balance. We offer flexible scheduling (although some evenings and weekends may be required).
We are looking for some great people to join our team. If you are passionate about food, want to work in a supportive and flexible environment, and want to be involved in a quickly growing small business - then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an outgoing and creative person to join our marketing and retail team. Reporting directly to the owner of the company, this person would serve as the main customer service associate in our storefront, at farmers' markets and other off-site events. Additionally, this person would be responsible for maintaining our website, managing social media, and sending out email marketing campaigns.
Saturdays required. During farmer's market season, Saturday hours would be 7 am - 2 pm.
Weekdays: 11 am - 7:30 pm
The following holidays are guaranteed off (Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day)
- Provide excellent customer service. Answer questions, make recommendations, assist in putting together themed gift baskets.
- Organize and maintain store appearance. Restock shelves as needed, pull forward and front face, clean store (including dusting shelves and product, floors, bathrooms, etc.)
- Maintain inventory counts
- Receive new inventory, price and place on sales floor
- Maintain rotating displays - changing out monthly
- At off-site events, setup tent and displays and be ready for sale at time of opening. Maintain displays, assist customers, answer questions, handle cash and credit purchases during the market. Tear down and return product to storefront.
- With owner, create marketing schedule for email marketing, print marketing, off-site events, and social media.
- Design and send weekly email newsletter to customers
- Create and post social media posts, reels, and stories
- Design, print and post store signage
- Maintain website
- Respond to customer messages on social media and through email
- Personable and outgoing demeanor
- Reliable and on-time
- Able to multitask
- Able to work independently and as part of team. Knows when to ask for help from others on the team.
- Great communication skills: in person, on the phone, and in writing.
- Experience with Square POS, or other retail POS system
- Experience in customer service, specifically in a retail setting
- Able to work on feet for long periods of time
- Able to lift and move boxes up to 50 lbs
- Familiarity with design software, Canva preferred
- Familiarity with Facebook and Instagram
- Previous marketing experience preferred, but not required
$15 per hour + bonus opportunity. Staff discounts. Full time staff are eligible for partially-covered health insurance after 90 days. All staff receive PTO for sick and vacation time.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline