Landscape Foreperson River's Bend Design LLC
- Date Posted February 17, 2023
- Location Moretown, VT
- Category Business / Design
- Job type Full-Time
Located within the Mad River Valley, River's Bend Design is a landscaping business focused on weaving ecological systems and organic practices into built environments through design, construction and maintenance services.
RIVER'S BEND DESIGN LLC is seeking a qualified individual for a full-time position to take on the role of Landscape Foreperson from mid April to mid November 2021. This person will be passionate about following ecological principles in the construction and maintenance of ornamental and edible landscapes. This person will feel comfortable working in a team environment and have excellent listening and communication skills.
The Foreperson will be a member of a 3-person Management Team that oversees all service activities. This Team shares day-to-day responsibilities including weekly scheduling, project planning, training & safety and organization/maintenance of materials/ supplies and equipment.
THE FOREPERSON WILL:
• Oversee the daily landscaping activities ensuring excellent customer service, product quality, and the needs of the crew (morale, training, health and safety).
• Accurately identify the current and changing needs of the landscapes as presented each day.
• Accomplish priorities set by the Management Team in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Communicate effectively with the Management Team verbally and through the written Job Daily form that addresses:
- safety and crew issues
- client/vendor feedback
- concerns of quality and timely delivery of service
- inventory or equipment needs
- vehicle problems
WE ARE SEEKING AN INDIVIDUAL WHO:
• Is deeply passionate about and committed to ecological principles of land care and excellent customer service.
• Has top-notch listening and communication skills.
• Has at 2-3 seasons experience working in the landscaping, nursery, garden center or agriculture industries.
• Has a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a supervisory role (not necessarily in landscaping).
• Has a degree in horticulture, agriculture or environmental sciences. A certification in permaculture is a benefit.
• Is a self-directed individual, hard-working, and able to do physically-demanding and repetitive work. A sense of humor under these working conditions is a definite plus.
• Is detail-oriented and has excellent problem-solving and organizational skills and is not reluctant to ask for help.
• Owns a car in working order and has experience driving truck. Any experience in skidsteer & excavator operation would be helpful but not required. Mileage reimbursement will be provided if a personal vehicle is used for work-related duties.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineMarch 31, 2023