Social Media Manager Overthrow Hospitality
- Date Posted February 23, 2023
- Location New York, NY
- Category Business / Design
- Job type Full-Time
As the Social Media Manager, you'll be responsible for developing and executing social media strategies, broadening our reach and creating content for Overthrow Hospitality’s growing group of plant-based restaurants and bars. Given we’re a small team, you’ll have the opportunity to take on other creative marketing projects outside of social media, reporting to the Director of Marketing. Previous hospitality experience isn’t required, but a passion for restaurants and food is a must, as you’ll be a key storyteller and leading the social media presence for all of our properties.
We’re seeking someone with a creative and entrepreneurial mind-set, who has strong social media, photography and writing skills, along with a keen sense for graphic design. You must be a self-starter, extremely organized and very detail-oriented when it comes to processing and prioritizing a lot of information, news and content.
Being a team player and receptive to feedback is also crucial, as this position works with a variety of personalities (i.e., chefs, partners, managers) to help set the agenda and think big on social media strategy and exciting marketing campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Marketing Director in developing and executing quarterly and annual social media & marketing strategies for each restaurant in the group.
- Attend occasional weekly manager meetings with restaurants (when social media/marketing strategy and guidance is needed)
- Manage end-to-end content, which includes ideation, creation, curation, copyrighting and posting on each restaurant’s social media accounts.
- This currently includes Instagram for all restaurants, and a group TikTok feed. While we still have Facebook and Twitter accounts, we are not actively engaging, so we can focus on Instagram and TikTok.
- Expectations include creating weekly video/TikTok/Reel content for individual venues, and our group as a whole.
- Shape an overarching strategy that’s unique to each concept’s “personality” that includes:
- Shaping & redefining social media style & content guides for each restaurant to ensure consistent, in-brand fonts, colors, photography style and tone
- Increasing follower growth and engagement across group
- Aligning event/holiday/promotional announcements with PR & Marketing and sharing press hits
- Identifying potential, new platforms for outreach, such as leveraging TikTok for individual restaurants
- Conduct community management and engagement on weekdays (Monday-Friday), and nurture/cultivate relationships to create an interactive two-way dialogue amongst the respective audiences.
- Vet and facilitate social media influencer requests/visits and conduct proactive outreach to influencers or partners who are in-brand and can help organically raise awareness. - Create monthly reports for each restaurant, showcasing growth, engagement and analyzing trends, so we can adjust strategy.
- Design occasional printed and digital marketing collateral, such as promotional flyers, holiday signs, e-newsletter graphics, etc. We work with a variety of external graphic designers to support us with larger design projects and branding/logo development.
- Support Marketing Director with occasionally designing, writing and disseminating e newsletters
- Serve as the group’s in-house photographer on key shoots that serve a greater storytelling purpose and can be utilized across social media, websites, marketing materials and press, such as major holiday offerings or the launch of a new service.
- Help vet and hire professional photographers for new restaurant openings, periodic major refreshes and large-scale events
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience working in social media for businesses
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills, with proven ability to work effectively, independently and accurately with minimal supervision. Being detail-oriented is key.
- Strong project management skills: proactive problem solving and resourcefulness.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and assist others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Excellent written communication skills, strong work ethic, professionalism and sophistication.
- Excellent photography and editing skills.
- Basic graphic design skills, with an excellent eye for good design, including:
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Programs (i.e., InDesign, Photoshop/Lightroom, Illustrator) and Canva.
- Familiarity with social media scheduling & monitoring programs like SocialPilot, Sprout Social, etc. are preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with e-mail marketing programs, like Mailchimp, are preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with website platforms, like Squarespace and Bentobox are preferred, but not required.
- Full-Time: Able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Must be able to work flexible hours necessary to help market and promote the group effectively and be on-call for emergencies
$65-75k, commensurate with experience
- 50% dining discount across all of our restaurants
- Healthcare Benefits
- 401K, Commuter, etc benefits
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Overthrow Hospitality is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Overthrow Hospitality will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer
Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions