Back of House Associate Taliesin Preservation
- Date Posted March 16, 2023
- Location Spring Green, WI
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Summer Job
Taliesin Preservation, Inc. is a Wisconsin 501(c)(3) founded in 1993. As stewards, Taliesin Preservation's dual mission is to preserve the cultural, built, and natural environments that comprise the Taliesin property in Spring Green, Wisconsin, and to conduct public educational and cultural programming that provides a greater understanding of Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture and ideas. To learn more about our work, please visit www.taliesinpreservation.org.Job description
The Back of House Associate works with the café team to support the effective and efficient daily operations of the Riverview Terrace Café. Café service is Friday through Sunday in April and November, and full café service hours are 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, 7 days per week, May through October.
- Works assigned shifts in the Riverview Terrace Café April through November. Shifts will be variable and will include weekends;
- Support the food preparation & portioning of all menu items within the goals and standards of the program and customer requirements;
- Maintain professional kitchen hygiene and ensure food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation;
- Report any equipment condition issues to the Kitchen Lead;
- Assist with kitchen closure and clean up at the end of the service day; and
- Other related assignments as necessary.
- Experience with a variety of cooking styles and techniques;
- Food Handlers license or willingness to obtain one within two weeks;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, maintain flexibility, and balance changing priorities while maintaining established standards; and
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on business needs and seasonality.
- Prior experience in a professional kitchen (line cook, prep work, etc.)
- Food safety certification;
- Advanced kitchen skills;
- Bartending license or ability to obtain;
- Working knowledge of the life and work of Frank Lloyd Wright, Taliesin, and the mission of Taliesin Preservation.