Front of House Associate Taliesin Preservation +2 more
- Date Posted March 16, 2023
- Location Spring Green, WI
- Category Nonprofit
- Job type Summer Job
Taliesin Preservation, Inc. is a Wisconsin 501(c)(3) founded in 1993. As stewards, Taliesin Preservation's dual mission is to preserve the cultural, built, and natural environments that comprise the Taliesin property in Spring Green, Wisconsin, and to conduct public educational and cultural programming that provides a greater understanding of Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture and ideas. To learn more about our work, please visit www.taliesinpreservation.org.Job description
The Front of House Associate works with the café team to support the effective and efficient daily operations of the Riverview Terrace Café. Café service is Friday through Sunday in April and November, and full café service hours are 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, 7 days per week, May through October.
- Works assigned shifts in the Riverview Terrace Café April through November. Shifts will be variable and will include weekends;
- Conduct the daily front of house operations of the café and cash handling needs;
- Help build a cohesive café team;
- Take orders and serve food and beverages to café guests;
- Maintain a clean and welcoming dining room space and provide excellent customer service;
- Demonstrate menu knowledge, ingredient, and partnership familiarity when answering guest questions;
- Maintain knowledge of tour operations and public access programs to respond to guest questions;
- Perform set-up/clean-up for café service, programs, and events;
- Other related assignments as necessary.
- Previous restaurant experience;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse groups of employees and customers;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, maintain flexibility, and balance changing priorities while maintaining established standards;
- Bartending license or ability to obtain;
- Ability to perform in a high-visibility customer service position; and
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on business needs and seasonality.
- Prior restaurant management experience;
- Experience in a non-profit environment; and
- Working knowledge of the life and work of Frank Lloyd Wright, Taliesin, and the mission of Taliesin Preservation.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline