Chef & Instructor The Pantry
- Date Posted March 10, 2023
- Location Seattle, WA
- Category Culinary / Education
- Job type Full-Time
Classes & Dinners
- Work full-time with a mix of teaching, assisting, dinners, and admin projects.
- Develop topics, menus, recipes, and flows for all new classes within the allotted flex time.
- Assist other instructor’s classes and provide real-time feedback to chef instructors. Support the guests and instructor to encourage community and ensure a smooth event. Help cook food, serve meals, and wash dishes.
- Support the training of new assistants and chefs to grow a team that is knowledgeable, capable, and exude the Pantry brand personality: fun, quirky, charming, & community-oriented. This involves exuding patience while sharing knowledge and giving respectful and professional feedback directly.
- Support colleagues’ recipe development and thought partnership on the ingredients, quantities, equipment, and techniques, fielding questions as available.
- Let the ordering team know about amount updates immediately after class via email or class notes.
- Work with instructors and docs/ordering teams to manage class flow docs and develop weekly prep lists.
- Support new instructors utilizing weekly prep team by helping them build their flow docs and provide feedback.
- Maintain the Advance Prep spreadsheet.
- Support staff management by being aware of issues with staff and communicating staff needs to the leadership team.
- Be at ease with frequent email communication, filling out spreadsheets, and formatting google documents.
- Read all emails and google doc comments and respond within 5 days, or by the date requested.
- Provide a phenomenal customer experience through email, phone, and in-person interaction.
- Meet deadlines on all projects. Communicate proactively with management if additional time is needed or if time allotted is excessive.
- Arrive on time for assigned shifts, being physically and mentally present during the shifts, and stay for the duration of each shift.
- Turn in deliverables for all side projects that have been billed for.
Administrative and Self-management:
- Maintain valid Food Handlers and MAST permits.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Google Workspace or related software.
- Ability to effectively teach others.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain personal hygiene.
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, and working in a kitchen.
- Exposure to extreme heat, steam, and cold present in a kitchen environment.
- Must be able to work late nights, early mornings, and unpredictable hours.
- Manual dexterity to cut and chop foods and perform other related tasks.
- $60,000-$68,000, depending on experience
- 3 weeks PTO + 8 paid holidays
- Contribution to an IRA account
- Contribution to group healthcare plan
Compensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineMarch 31, 2023