Kitchen Manager Noma House Cafe & Collective
- Date Posted March 15, 2023
- Location Saint Helena, CA
- Category Culinary / Design
- Job type Full-Time
NO|MA House Café & Collective (short for “North Main”, located at 1429 Main St, St. Helena) is a café and retail collective that is deeply rooted in community. Energizing the north end of Main Street in downtown St. Helena, CA.
We bring people together to eat, talk, work, learn, shop, and find inspiration in a beautifully designed and welcoming space.
We celebrate wholesome ingredients throughout our café menu that are meant to nourish and satiate.
Our retail collective offers an alternative to fast-paced home, lifestyle, and fashion cycles, where guests can shop intentionally sourced treasures, objects and furniture that are meant to support thoughtful consumerism, local artisans, and makers.
We are excited to announce that we're currently seeking a Kitchen Manager to join our team.Job description
We are currently seeking a Kitchen Manager to join our team:
- Fosters a positive kitchen environment
- Highly organized and can manage multiple people and situations
- Willingness to both teach and learn from others
- Keeps calm and tactful demeanor
Qualifications & Requirements
- Management experience
- Cooking experience
- Ability to stand for several hours and, on occasion, lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Training and supervising kitchen staff
- Consistently execute existing menu that meets NO|MA House taste and visual standards
- Managing kitchen stock and placing orders
- Aid in scheduling of kitchen staff
- Monitor and minimize food waste
- Weekly meetings with the management team
- Works with management team to track COGS and adjust accordingly
- Aid in budgeting and cost control
- Ensure all prep work is done on time
- Aid in pre-open tasks (e.g., organizing kitchen goods and supplies for optimal efficiency)
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and Health Department Standards
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties and may include additional responsibilities assigned by your Supervisor, which are not listed here
- Self-care and work life balance are part of our core beliefs, and we hope to infuse that into our workplace culture. This position is capped at 50 hours per week.
- Business hours are 7am – 5pm; Wednesday - Sunday
- Typical schedule for this position is 6am - 3pm; Wednesday - Sunday
- Full-time; exempt position
- Salary range for this position is 65-70k/year, DOE
- Shift meals
- 50% discount on café food and 20% discount for retail products
- Insurance benefit available
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline