Finance & Administration Coordinator Tilth Alliance +2 more
- Date Posted March 15, 2023
- Location Seattle, WA
- Category Business / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
Tilth Alliance works in community with Washington farmers, gardeners and eaters to build a sustainable, healthy and equitable food future. Through our work we encourage and support farmers and gardeners throughout Washington in adopting organic, regenerative, sustainable growing practices; we help bring sustainably produced food from the fields of farmers here in Washington to the plates of consumers; we inspire people to enjoy growing, cooking and eating food that is delicious and healthy, strengthens their communities, and is good for the environment. We engage in advocacy, education and collaboration to achieve our goals. Equity, inclusion, and the cultivation of an anti-racist culture are important outcomes expected of all the work we do.
Our finance and administration team is responsible for maintaining a strong foundation for the organization and its work. The FAA Coordinator is a key member of the FAA Team performing a variety of duties that support the smooth operation of the office and organization.
Operations and Administrative Support
- General reception, including responding to and directing calls and emails, and assisting visitors to the office.
- Ensure the business center, common areas, kitchen, and workstations are well maintained, organized, and orderly
- Manage Reservation System for common spaces
- Oversee filing systems; maintain documents and records for the organization
- Open and distribute daily mail
- Support organizational events as arranged in advance
- Participate on one or more staff subcommittees or work groups
- Support Tilth’s transition to Microsoft 365
- Assist Office Manager as needed
- Post and advertise open positions and generally assist with the hiring process as needed
- Manage staff recognition program (anniversaries, birthdays, special events)
- Update and maintain staff roster and personnel files
- Enter Timesheets for Bi-Weekly Payroll
- Oversee Accounts Payable
- Assist Finance Manager as needed
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
- Have a minimum of 1 year administrative and office support experience
- Have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Be proactive, dependable, approachable, and accountable
- Be a proven problem solver
- Be proficient in all applications of Microsoft Office/365, particularly Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint, and OneDrive
- Be self-directed; able to work independently
- Be a collaborative team player
- Be dedicated to equity and social justice
- Be passionate about the work of Tilth Alliance
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
- This is a full-time (40 hours/week) non-exempt position that requires occasional evening and weekend work.
- This position will be based at the main office in Wallingford, with flexibility for some remote workdays.
- The pay for this position is $23/hour
- This role is eligible for benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance; employee-funded Flexible Spending Account for qualified childcare, healthcare, and transportation expenses; paid vacation, sick and holiday time. It is based at the main office in Wallingford, Seattle, with flexible options for some remote work.
- Tilth Alliance’s vacation policy allows for accrual of 15 days in year 1 (and increases with service longevity). Rather than Tilth Alliance prescribing a standard list of holidays, each year an employee selects 10 dates they wish to designate as paid holidays – enabling them to celebrate personal, cultural, religious, or other significant events. A cross-staff committee regularly reviews organizational employment policies through an equity lens.
- Employees are offered access to a wide range of Tilth Alliance’s classes for no charge, depending on availability.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline