CPG Beverage Formulation Assistant JAI Development
- Date Posted March 16, 2023
- Location Brooklyn, NY
- Category Culinary / Production
- Job type Full-Time
JAI Development is an award-winning Brooklyn-based CPG consultancy. We help emerging and successful brands reach their goals through our product development expertise, operations consulting, and our network of CPG industry professionals. JAI Development is an influential force in CPG world with accolades at both local and national levels. We are looking for a part-time to full-time lab assistant to help guide CPG brands toward success.
Our focus is in the natural space. We believe simplicity is key, both in flavor and supply chain. Supporting healthy and sustainable supply chains is not only a plus for our clients who are looking to weave stories of socio-economic (think single-origin coffee from a partner farm in Costa Rica, or a family-owned matcha farm in Japan), but also beneficial for keeping food and beverage traditions alive while maximizing their outreach through CPG.
JAI Development is a lens for which these values can reach the mass market.
JAI Development is looking for a person eager to learn product development. We work on beverage formulation, dry goods, extracts, and skincare. This position requires in-person, hands-on training in our Brooklyn lab. This position will include the following duties:
- Hands-on, in-person training at our lab in Brooklyn, NY learning how to create a plethora of CPG products for a variety of clients.
- Supplier and vendor communications to achieve our formulation goals.
- Client relations, assisting and managing client expectations and communications.
- 360-degree exposure to the CPG world.
- Training for Laboratory management.
This position calls for:
- Solid laboratory skills in mathematics, chemistry, and basic lab practices.
- The ability to be trained in a unique system that will foster quantitative and qualitative formulation expertise; learning to use organizational skills to develop sound formulations that also taste great.
- The desire to develop a subtle and fine-tuned pallet, detecting nuisance and flavor balance.
- Proficiency in Excel/Google sheets and a strong foundation in mathematics.
- Great detail orientation, clear communication skills, the ability to take instructions in a foreign subject, and taking ownership of multiple projects at once.
- The right candidate will have a passion for the CPG food and beverage world and an interest in becoming a lab director that has a hand in changing the products on the market!
This position starts as a part-time paid training position leading into a full-time assistant position. This position will transition into a full-time position as soon as sufficient training progress is met.
Compensation this position is : hourly, varies DOE, $20.00 - $27.50 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineMay 31, 2023