Prepared Foods Manager Assabet Co-op Market +2 more
- Date Posted March 16, 2023
- Location Maynard, MA
- Category Business / Culinary
- Job type Full-Time
- Reports To: General Manager
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Supervises: Prepared Food Department
- Salary: 45k – 50k
- Model exceptional customer service skills.
- Train employees to achieve sales and consistent service by delivering a fast and friendly experience to every customer.
- Train staff to assist any customers within the store.
- Ensure customer experience, and selections are the same in the evening as they are in the morning.
- Oversee an ongoing sampling program to highlight specials, drive the business and maintain excitement within the deli department.
- Participates in targeting sales, labor, and margin goals for the deli department.
- Develops and implements strategies to control labor and direct costs.
- Cost recipes and set pricing on all products.
- Meet/exceed goals for sales, margin, labor, inventory and capital expenditure.
- Review departmental financial reports (sales, labor, margin and turns) and implement corrective action as needed.
- Conduct regular price comparisons of local competition.
- Research, develop and cost new recipes.
- Create seasonal menus. Plan menu for excitement and variety. Combine taste, nutrition and eye appeal.
- Ensure POS system and scales are accurate and information is up-to-date with current prices.
- Provide an accurate deli department inventory monthly.
- Ensure department equipment is maintained.
- Address safety concerns immediately.
- Successfully complete and maintain food safety certification.
- Manage food quality by ensuring processes are in place, to include forecasted food ordering, safe receiving, recipe adherence, recording and analyzing production, proper food handling, time and temperature control, and sanitation processes.
- Ensure food production and display areas are maintained in sanitary, orderly condition meeting health department standards.
- Ensure staff follows proper product rotation procedures.
- Ensure deli staff is tracking all loss on daily log.
- Ensure cleanliness and freshness standards are responded to.
- Assist with food preparation as needed.
- Plan attractive displays with uniform signage; ensure displays are fully stocked and rotated to ensure freshness.
- Provide plan-o-grams for the grab & go and service case set.
- Develop strategies to drive sales and profitability.
- Plan promotions, cross-merchandise within department, work with marketing on advertising.
- Plan and implement specials.
- Monitor industry trends.
- Order product and supplies on time to ensure inventories are maintained.
- Negotiate with suppliers.
- Receive orders or ensure proper receiving by deli staff. Log invoices.
- Process invoices and credits.
- Coordinate returns and credit from suppliers.
- Hire, develop and train talented employees.
- Provide on-the-job training.
- Supervise deli department staff in day-to-day operations.
- Maintain communication with employees through regular meetings and correspondence.
- Provide honest feedback, coaching, mentoring and recognition.
- Conduct scheduled performance evaluations and pay reviews.
- Follow disciplinary action process as needed.
- Ensure the deli staff is outfitted in clean, proper uniforms including hair restraint and name badges.
- Maintain a weekly employee labor schedule, ensuring hours are aligned with targeted labor cost.
- Participate in NCG prepared food programs and conferences when applicable.
- Conduct meetings to plan departmental menus, events and promotions.
- Review product information to be shared with customers and staff.
- Attend management meetings
- Successfully complete and maintain food safety certification.
Other responsibilities as assigned by the General ManagerResponsibilities to Sustainability
Contribute to efforts at Assabet Co-op Market that support a sustainable community.Responsibilities to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Value and support a work environment that includes people of different identities from diverse backgrounds.Physical Job Requirements
- Ability to use computer keyboard, monitor, mouse, telephone, and various office equipment continuously.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds frequently.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to be present and working in assigned area for up to 3 hours without rest.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, kneel, climb stairs or ladder.
- Ability to reach above shoulder height occasionally.
- Ability to talk and hear to communicate with customers.
- Finger and hand dexterity with ability to grasp and hold items of different sizes.
- Vision ability – close, distance, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Ability to read register screen and product and shelf labels.
- Frequent exposure to cold, hot, wet or humid conditions.
- Exposure to fumes, airborne particles, hazardous materials ranging from natural to chemical (store products, cleaning products, scents from working in a public setting).
- Exposure to and potential handling of fresh foods including meats and seafood.
- Handling objects that have been handled by the public.
- Frequently performs work standing on cement floors at the cash register.
- May work occasionally in temperature extremes (walk-in freezer, outside warehouse, hot kitchen, etc.).
- Noise level in the store is usually moderate to loud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.Qualifications
- Approximately 3 years prior management/supervisory experience in deli or restaurant
- Experience cooking for restaurant, food service caterer or deli
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements including margin implications
- Ability to project an outgoing, engaging personality
- Attention to detail & organizational skills
- Ability to clearly explain procedures and processes
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Familiarity with nutrition and natural foods preferred
*abbreviated to fitCompensation this position is : salaried, varies DOE, $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline