Membership Manager (Full-Time) National Young Farmers Coalition +1 more
- Date Posted March 18, 2023
- Location Anywhere
- Category Agriculture / Nonprofit
- Job type Full-Time
The National Young Farmers Coalition (Young Farmers) shifts power and changes policy to equitably resource a new generation of working farmers. We envision a just future where farming is free of racial violence, accessible to communities, oriented towards environmental well-being, and concerned with health over profit. Since our founding in 2010, we have grown our grassroots network to over 200,000 farmers and supporters and have won historic investments in beginning farmer training, outreach to farmers of color, farmland conservation, and accessible COVID relief.Job description Young Farmers seeks a full-time Membership Manager to join our Communications team to help us build our Community Membership program and lead us to our bold goal of 50,000 dues-paying members by 2026. The Membership Manager will help us build our base, turn our network of supporters into mobilized advocates, be the first point of contact for our members, and provide excellent constituent services. In collaboration with our Communications, Organizing, and Development teams, they will execute creative and far-reaching multi-platform campaigns to grow our membership by tens of thousands of new members each year. The ideal candidate is metrics-oriented, passionate about digital campaigning tools, a team player who appreciates the advocacy and equity impact of membership, and holds a strong connection to agriculture. The position is currently assessed for a Manager Level 2(A) position with proven and significant experience in designing and executing large-scale, base-building campaign strategies.
The National Young Farmers Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, LGBTQ people, or those who are members of other marginalized communities. Data shows that women and BIPOC candidates more frequently do not apply to a job because they don’t feel that they meet all of the qualifications listed. Our job descriptions are general overviews, not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to the growth of our organization, we want to hear from you!Responsibilities
Membership Growth, Management, and Improvement (60%)
- Independently design and execute creative membership growth strategies across all communication channels to reach our annual targets, including through virtual and in-person events, email, phonebanking, text software, action pages on the website, and social media;
- Serve as the first point of contact for our constituents by responding in a timely manner to membership emails. Create a code of conduct amongst members, opportunities for networking and engagement, and a culture of respect;
- With the support of the Information Systems Manager, maintain membership donation and management software with an eye to data quality, security, and attention to detail;
- Manage our merchandise program and online store;
- In partnership with our Communications team, design and implement strategies to grow our social media audience and general email subscriber list, and research how new social media platforms and features can be used for base-building and organizing;
- Develop and manage the content, growth, and utilization of our new Membership Portal with support from our Communications and Tech and Operations staff;
- Collaborate with our Corporate Engagement Manager to identify corporate partners for our Community Membership discount partner program and build partnerships with local and regional agricultural organizations to develop joint membership opportunities;
- Develop and execute paid media strategy to promote membership.
- Assist Young Farmers Communications team in development and evaluation of Young Farmers’ digital content and campaign metrics to guide and inform base-building content and strategies;
- Collaborate with the Farmer Leadership and Advocacy Manager to implement strategies to increase participation in Young Farmers advocacy and leadership opportunities.
- In collaboration with our Development team, build our base of dues-paying members and develop strategies to retain members and encourage increased giving levels.
- Maintain Salesforce database with member and grassroots partner information, contacts, and logged calls;
- Assist Information Systems Manager with upkeep and maintenance of Wordpress membership portal;
- Participate in weekly administrative responsibilities including staff meetings, manager check-ins, timecard and expense reporting.
- Experience recruiting members and base-building, including but not limited to campaign fundraising, phone-banking, canvassing, member management, field organizing, digital organizing, marketing or petitioning;
- High-level of proficiency with social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube;
- Experience using a customer relationship management platform (Salesforce preferred) or membership portal (Peepso or other), and experience with collecting and analyzing metrics related to network growth;
Highly organized with excellent ability to manage time and detail consistently across workstreams;
- Excellent communication skills, especially persuasive writing and customer service skills;
- Demonstrated experience growing an online community (1,000+ members) and proficiency with database management;
- Strong administrative and operations skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity, accountability, and a passion for Young Farmers mission and vision;
- Strong connections to agricultural communities.
- The annual salary for the Manager Level 2-A role is $68,500 according to Young Farmers 2023 Compensation Guidelines.
- Young Farmers offers a competitive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, retirement matching, generous paid time off, and paid family leave.
- Full-time schedule, typically 9am-5pm Monday through Friday. Flex time, or 1-to-1 paid time off, is available to staff when work requires more than 40 hours in any given week.
Please contact Jobs@youngfarmers.org for questionsCompensation this position is : salaried, 50k-75k Location job can be done remotely Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! DeadlineApril 02, 2023