Field Crew Red Dog Farm +1 more
- Date Posted March 18, 2023
- Location Chimacum, WA
- Category Agriculture
- Job type Full-Time
The crew at Red Dog Farm enjoys the comradery that comes along with working hard as a team, having hands in the dirt and experiencing the fullness of seasons on the farm. The Olympic Peninsula is one of the most diverse landscapes to live and explore, and being in the rain shadow, we enjoy far more sunny days than the rest of the region. Red Dog draws employees who move to the area from all over to work on the farm, and we strive to create a culture of respect & inclusivity. It is important to us that our crew has a healthy work-life balance and can enjoy all the Olympic Peninsula has to offer while also gaining a vast range of farm knowledge and skills. Many of our former crew & managers have gone on to start farms of their own! Ideal applicants will have a strong drive to learn all aspects of the farm, be willing to work outdoors rain or shine, and work well on a team. Whether you are new to farming or have years of experience, we are looking to bring on more hard-working individuals to collaborate with us and the land to continue building a strong local food system. Job description Full Time: 40 hours per week
Seasonal: Spring/Summer through at least 10/27 (prefer through 12/29)
Schedule: Monday- Friday
We are looking for smart, tough and detail-oriented laborers to join our 2023 farm crew. There are several positions open, with a range of start and end dates. Ideal candidates will possess a strong interest in food and farming, enjoy working on a team, and be ready for a challenge.
Applications are reviewed as they are received.
• The primary responsibilities are to harvest, wash and pack produce
• Utilize and update paperwork to record tasks completed
• Perform field work including but not limited to transplanting, hand weeding, hoeing and moving irrigation
• Perform some of the following non-field work seasonally or based on interest/experience: greenhouse work, plant starts, delivering, tractor driving and farmstand stocking
Background and Skills
• One season previous farm experience preferred but not necessary
• Flexibility and desire to learn new methods and farm systems
• Good communication skills
• Energetic, fun and motivated personality
• Excellent work ethic and positive attitude
• Team player able to work with all kinds of people
• Strong back and knees
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
• Willingness to fully commit to the farm for the season
$15.75 - $17.50 per hour DOE, as well as veggies from our fields. Paid sick leave (one hour for every 40 hours worked). Weekly group lunch with all farm employees. Housing is not included. Employees who return for multiple seasons will receive an annual performance-based raise as well as an opportunity to increase/ refine responsibilities matching their commitment to the farm.
Compensation this position is : salaried, $15-20/hr Application instructions Please click here to sign in and view application details.
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline