PART-TIME SALES SUPPORT (REMOTE) Burlap & Barrel
- Date Posted March 18, 2023
- Location Anywhere
- Category Business
- Job type Part-Time
Burlap & Barrel is a single origin spice company and Public Benefit Corporation. We work directly with smallholder farmers to source unique and beautiful spices for home cooks and chefs. We are building new international spice supply chains that are equitable, transparent and traceable.
The company was founded six years ago and, up to this point, we’ve had a heavy focus on the DTC channel. We would now like to leverage our large and engaged online community to grow in retail stores. We’re a small and scrappy company looking for the right person to help us grow. Unlimited spices included.Job description The sales position involves creating and building relationships with potential customers in order to grow Burlap & Barrel sales throughout the country. The job requires communicating Burlap & Barrel’s mission and product attributes to specialty independent food stores, regional grocery chains, non-traditional retailers, and distributors. We’re looking for part-time support to start (8-16 hours/week) but this could turn into a full-time role for the right person.
- Build and maintain relationships with retailers and distributors in the region through email, phone, virtual, and in person meetings on an ongoing basis.
- Identify and reach out to target accounts that would be a good fit for Burlap & Barrel spices.
- Track sales performance.
- Assist with the set up of accounts.
- Travel (when possible) to visit stores with Burlap & Barrel on shelf or to pitch our products to buyers.
- Assist in creating and distributing marketing materials including sell sheets and POS.
- Gather and share retailer and distributor feedback.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship-building skills.
- Outgoing personality – no hesitation in picking up the phone to make a sale
- Ability to think creatively about new ways to reach potential customers.
- This is a remote role so the ability to work independently and to manage and prioritize time and responsibilities is a must.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Interest in specialty food and cooking.
- Existing relationships with retailers and/or foodservice accounts is a plus
If you are not registered, you'll be prompted to do so. Don't worry, it's free! Deadlineno deadline